Chapter 29; One Dead

I woke up in my bed, just like every other day. I took a shower, changed, and then I let Ollie do my hair. Today was just like any other day except when Sheldon came rushing into my room while Ollie was doing my hair.

"Great news!" Sheldon said as he rushed into my room.

"What?" I asked him.

"Your mom is in the hospital. She's pretty bad and really sick." He smiled waiting for my reaction.

I felt numb and didn't know how to respond to this. "I'm going to pass, right?" I asked him, not wanting to turn to look at him.

"By the way things are going you are. Your dad's going to die due to his brain activity being so low and your mom seems to be getting worse every day." He left the room and I was glad he had.

"I hate funerals." I whispered.

"I never went to my parents funeral." Ollie told me.

"Why not?"

"Because I didn't want to see them dead, it's not real if I don't see it. I haven't visited their graves but sometimes I think about going and back out last second because I... I don't know how I'll react to it."

"If they die I don't want to go to their funeral."

"But they're your parents."

"But you didn't go."

"I guess..."

"So I think I want to take one last visit to my mom. Maybe she'll die today or tomorrow. I need to see her one last time."

"You do what you have to do." He told me. "I'm done."

I stood up and went over to the mirror in my closet. He had perfectly done my hair just how I liked it. He put up my straightener and brush then waited for me.

"So your going to visit her today?"

"Yeah, I think I'll do it right now before I back up." I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where I knew I would find Sheldon.

He was sitting in his usual spot drinking coffee and reading a book. He looked up from his book and closed it.

"I want to go visit my mom." I told him.

"Ok, let's go." He took another sip from his coffee and then stood up.

We walked to the basement and stood outside the door. I waited for the light to flash and for Sheldon to open the door. We ended up outside of the hospital.

We both walked to the front of the hospital and entered then went straight to the woman in the front desk. She was wearing glasses and the reflection from the computer was in her glasses, she was on Facebook.

"Hey, I'm looking for Stacy Forrest." I told her. She finally looked up at me and began typing things on the computer.

"Are you related?"

"Yeah, I'm her daughter." I told her.

"K." She trumped some more and I looked at her glasses, she was still on Facebook.

"Can you please got off Facebook and tell me where my mother is?"

She seemed to roll her eyes and finally got off Facebook. She scrolled through some names and clicked on one.

"She's in room 519, fourth floor in the back." She got back on Facebook and I walked off to the elevator with Sheldon.

I clicked on the button and patiently waited. The old elevator music was starting to annoy me after 10 seconds of hearing it. Who chooses the music? Why is there music in a hospital? Maybe I was just nervous, and not thinking straight that I was randomly thinking of these questions that had nothing to do with why I was here.

The elevator finally opened and I quickly stepped out, followed by Sheldon. We walked down the hallway towards the back of the floor looking for room 519. It was the last room at the end of the hallway. I carefully opened the door and saw my mom, along with another woman I didn't recognize both in the hospital ends connected to multiple machines.

I quickly rushed over to her and held her hand just like I had done so to dad. Her hand felt cold and weak, she looked tired and her skin was pale, too pale to seem healthy.

"Mom?" I whispered.

She closed her hand on mine but didn't say anything. A tear ran down her cheek, why was she crying? Did she remember me from the time she called me a demon? That was probably the only memory of me she had, she didn't remember me at all.

I turned to say something to Sheldon but he was already walking out of the room, giving us some time. I turned back to look at my mom and she seemed to be sleeping, she looked almost dead. So this is what dead people looked like, huh?

The door opened once again and I thought it would be Sheldon but when I turned around it was a different guy. Someone who I seemed to recognized but didn't remember how. He had black hair and dark brown eyes, he also looked fit and seemed to be taller than my mom.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I knew who he was, he was the guy with my mom on the day my grandma died. So he must be her boyfriend.

"You're her boyfriend, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah, who are you?"

"I'm..." I didn't know if I should tell him but my mom was already dying and it would make a difference to him. "I'm her daughter, Ava."

"What? She doesn't have a daughter." He seemed confused.

"Don't tell me she also didn't tell you she's divorced?" Did she also forget that.

"She did tell me she's divorced but she said she never had any kids."

"That's because she doesn't remember me." I told him, my eyes stating to get watery. Saying those words were the hardest things I had ever had to say.

"She's never been through any accident of any kind."

"That's because every memory she ever had of me has been wiped. She doesn't remember me at all. I don't want to drag you into this mess. And by the way, she's going to die soon." I stood up from the chair and walked towards the door.

"No, she's not, she's strong."

"Everyone has to die." I said.

But then everything changed, the heart monitor went crazy, the beeps were too fast then too slow and then there weren't any more. Her heart wasn't beating. She was dead. He rushed over to her and started pressing a button next to her. The tears finally came and I left the room.

"I've seen enough. I want to go home." I told Sheldon who was casually leaning against the wall.

"We have to go somewhere first."

"To Lucifer, right?"

"Yes."

The nurses came rushing to the room just as we were leaving, I heard a scream and then just crying. So this was it, my mom was dead, was I going to pass this last test?

~~~

A/N: hey people! so I also made this chapter a bit longer than usual, I hope I can keep my chapters longer :p anyways, vote? comment? thanks! ^.^