chapter 10; 3rd test

I was in a room. I didn't know where but it was in an unknown house. The bed I was sitting on was comftrable and the blankets were warm. I looked down to see two kids. They were both a different age. One was a girl, about 5 years old, with long dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. The other kid was a boy, about 10 years old, with short hair I didn't know if it was light brown or dirty blond along with light brown eyes. The lights were off and the door was left open so the light was coming from the hallway.

They both were sitting on the floor with blankets on top of them. I kept looking at them when suddently the boys eyes widened and he screamed, "Look out! Hide!" As he pointed to something on the air.

Withought looking at what he was pointing at I hid under the blankets then poked my head out. There, flying on the air were 2 different types of shadows. They both looked like angels but they were shadows. One was in the shape of a girl and her shadow was white, the other in the shape of a boy and his shadow was black. They giggled and said something I couldn't hear or understand.

Then they disapered. "Those are dangerous." The boy told me.

"What?" I asked and sat down.

The boy layed down and fell asleep along with the girl. I sat down on the bed and saw the shadow boy still looking at me, he was in the corner of the room, where the room was darker. I ignored him and ran out of the room. Then I stood in the hallway, it was small. I walked towards the right and ended up in a brightly lit living room.

There were two sofas, facing each other and a tv on the right corner fron where I was standing at and a desk on the corner near the kitchen. An overwheight lady I did not know was sitting on the sofa closest to the tv. She had black hair, was wearing a purple shirt with a black skirt. Her hair was let loose and only reached a little past her shoulders, she looked like she was about 50 years old. When she saw me she stood up and smiled. I smiled back not knowing what to do.

The woman stood up and walked towards me, arms extended. She hugged me and started to cry. "OH! I missed you! I haven't seen you in a long time!" She cried hugging me tightly. I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do then she stood still. So still I did not know if she was still breathing. Then she fell. Her eyes were wide with fear as she layed motionless on the floor.

I gasped and bend down to see what was wrong. She was so stiff like a statue and ice cold. I looked up and saw the two shadow kids laughing. They were laughing as they looked at me. I started getting scared. What had I done? What had they done?

"What have you done?" I asked them through tears.

They just kept laughing then disapeared. My mom walked towards the living room, apearing out of no where. "Mom!" I cried. She looked at the body on the floor and said nothing, like nothing had happened.

"Look at what they did!" I cried. She shrugged.

"Is that your aunt?" She asked then took a more careful look again and when she saw the dead bodies' face her expression did not change.

"Oh, your aunt died again." She said like it was no big dead.

"Mom!" I screamed, but it was too late. The shadows apeared behind her and killed her. I saw her spirit leave her body. I saw it all but did nothing to stop her death.

"Mom..." I whispered and fell to my knees.

"The kids are dead. Guess who's next?" A little voice said.

"No!" I screamed.

~~~

I opened my eyes and realized I was back in my room. It no longer felt safe. Where was Ollie? Was he not here yet? I started to cry, afraid that those two little shadows would appear out of no where. They frightened me. They wanted to kill me. They enjoyed killing my mom and I was next. I couldn't control the tears that fell from my eyes.

The room seemed to become darker. That's what the lamp was for! I pressed the button and it turned on, casting shadows on the wallls. No, they're going to come for me. I pressed the button again with shaky finger and it didn't turn off. It wouldn't turn off. Why?

The shadows seemed to be moving around me. They were here to kill me. It was my turn.

"Don't worry." A voice whispered. I recognized it as Ollie. It calmed me down for a second.

"No, get away from here. They're going to kill you." I whipered and pulled my head aganst my knees to keep myself from looking at the shadown. I loked up for a second and saw Ollie leave from the room, out the window.

"Ollie." I whispered. He couldn't hear me. My tears were still falling uncontrolably. I was scared. Then a bright light surrounded the room for a second. I closed my eyes thighter, if that was possible. Then felt some hands around me.

"It's ok." Ollie said. "The test was a nightmare. You passed."

"Why did you leave?" I asked him trough tears.

"Because this test is where most fail. The person starts screaming making someone walk in the room, the white light was the end of the test, if it was bright and white you passed. If not, you didn't."

"Was I screaming?" I asked.

"No, you weren't." He said and leaned his head against the top of my head.

"Thanks." I told him and got closer to him.

I ended up falling asleep on his shoulders. And it was comftrable.