Chapter 7

Luke has stayed over at my house almost every night for the past week. His parents didn't really care. They barely noticed he was gone. My dad warmed up to Luke. Miley still wasn't used to him.

"Mom before you go can I ask you something?" I stopped my mom before she left for work.

"What is it?" She dug in her purse for her keys.

"What's going on with Aunt Bel and Rachel?" She looked up to me. The blank facial expression gave off that she didn't know anything.

"There are some problems going on with them. Rachel is living with your Grandmother." She turned and started walking out the door.

"Wait..." She ignored me and walked out. I was use to my mom walking out.

I walked back into the living room. Luke was playing a game with Alec. My dad was playing with Miley. Zac went back to college a few weeks ago.

"Alec you going trick-or-treating?" Dad asked out of no where.

It was just a couple days before Halloween. I usually walk around town frightening little kids with Jamie. We would usually end up at a party with a few seniors.

"I don't know. I don't want to embarrass myself." My dad and I were shocked.

Alec loved Halloween. He thinks school should be cancelled that day. Every year in stead of going out getting a lot of candy from houses I would take him and drop him off in the woods. He jumps out at people when they walk through there. I buy him a shit load of candy so dad doesn't find out.

"What are you talking about Alec?" I laughed at his comment. He stood up and dragged me to his room.

"Bri I like this girl. Her name's Giovanna, but my best friend likes her too." I could tell Alec really liked this girl.

His best friend was a girl. She's gay. I haven't seen her in forever. Alec told me one day that she was scared of me.

"Do what you usually do? What ever you do everyone will understand." Alec had a problem with his bestfriend. She wasn't really a good friend.

His friend was nice to everyone she first met. But once you get to know her like Alec had she's a complete bitch. One time she started spreading rumors about Alec. I blew up on her. For some odd reason he forgave her.

"I love you Bri." he hugged me.

"I love you too Alec."

-

It was the best night of my family's life. We loved Halloween. I helped Alec put his costume on. Jamie came over. He started talking to Luke. Luke didn't look happy.

"Hey Luke you wanna come with us?" I asked.

I didn't want to leave him home with my dad. Jamie didn't look happy with my question. I knew he didn't like Luke, but I didn't care. I was starting to warm up to him. He was still annoying but not as much.

We walked out side to my car.

"Umm Bri. I never noticed how much you guys decorate for Halloween." He pointed to the fake grave yard.

We had the most decorated house on the block. We had skeletons hanging from trees. There's a coffin right next to the door. Uncle Matt hides in there and spooks people. We had a huge spider that moved a little bit in the front next to the grave yard.

I had a black morph suit on. The rest of my costume was in the back with Luke. I parked my car in the school parking lot and we left.

"Come here little girl. Satan won't bite." Jamie sounded like a creeper. Luke and I stayed far away from him so we didn't laugh in front of them. The little girl ran away. "My wig almost fell off."

"There's a little boy all alone." Luke pushed me towards him. I fixed my rainbow afro and my scary mask.

"Lucifer won't hurt you. He just wants to eat your soul." I got up close to the little boys face. He started crying. I could hear the boys behind me laughing.

We made a few kids cry tonight. A ton just ran to their parents. Jamie was being nice to Luke tonight. Usually he would talk crap about Luke. I think they were starting to be friends.

We decided that it was enough for tonight. I bought Alec a bunch of candy. Luke and Jamie had to help me carry it to the car.

I drove back to the woods where I dropped Alec off. He would usually come running towards the car. Luke and I got out and started looking for him. Jamie stayed in the car. We walked about 20 ft into the wood before we found Alec. He was with a girl. It was Giovanna.

"Let her breathe Alec holy crap." Luke shouted out making the two jump.

I saw someone in the shadows. I couldn't make out who it was. Just a short black figure. I took the flash light from Luke and started walking towards the figure. They must have noticed me. I heard footsteps running, crushing sticks and leaves.

"Come on love birds. Do you need a ride?" I asked Giovanna. She told me her parents were coming to get her in twenty minutes. I forced her to get in the car. Jamie and I started embarrassing Alec in front of her.