Chapter 20

"Just shut the fuck up once in awhile." Brianna was angry today for some reason. We've been arguing the whole morning.

"Have you taken your medicine this morning?" I calmly sat on the couch giving up in the argument we were having.

"Why the hell do you care? It's not like it helps any." She stormed off to her room.

We were left at Brianna's house alone. Her parents needed to get her birthday present. Her birthday was tomorrow.

"Yes they do Brianna. They calm you down." I followed her.

"From your eyes the medicine helps, but it makes me feel like shit. So I'm better off with out it." Her voice fell to a whisper. She slammed her bathroom door shut. I heard the shower turn on.

"You promised everyone you would take them."

"Get the hell away from me. I fucking hate you." She threw something at the door. I left her where she was and sat on her bed for her to calm down. "Why do you still want to hang around me?"

"I like spending time with you." I opened the door to her bathroom. She was sitting in the shower, still fully clothed.

"But why? I treat you like shit everyday. I punch and/or kick you." She stayed sitting on the floor if the shower.

"Because I know you don't mean to. I understand that you have anger problems and it doesn't bother me." I sat behind her wrapping my arms around her waist. She allowed me to get in.

The water was cold. Not freezing. My arms were wrapped around her waist. We sat there for awhile. We didn't talk. Our clothes were soaking.

"Brianna. Luke. We're home." Brianna's dad's voice traveled through the house. She hurried to shut the water off and ran out of the bathroom. She threw on some sweatpants and a hoodie, throwing her hair up in a bun. I grab some of my clothes she kept.

"Hi daddy." She hugged her father.

"What do you want Brianna?"

"Just because I called you daddy doesn't mean I want anything. But sense you brought it up can you give me my present now?"

"No. We didn't even bring it home. It'll be here tomorrow." Her dad tapped her on the nose. "Why are both of you wet?"

"Uhh Luke and I played out side and got a little dirty so we took a shower. Separately." She emphasized the word separately. Ever sense what happened with Alec, Zac and her father have been more protective of her. I think it's just because before Alec was protective and they didn't have to worry but now it's their job.

"Ok. Ok. I get it." He laughed walking up the stairs.

"Hey Bri I gotta go. Calum wants to hang out."

-----

I got to Calums house. Michael and Ashton were still there. I knew they were going to be mad at me.

"About damn time Luke. Where the hell were you? You were supposed to be here an hour ago." Michael yelled at me. The other boys we playing FIFA.

"Sorry I was with Brianna." I grabbed a pop out of Calums fridge.

"You look whipped. What did you guys do?" Calum paused the game. He moved over to give me room to sit.

"We've been arguing all morning."

"Luke open your eyes. She's a damnable person. Always has always will." Michael leaned back on the couch.

"How the hell would you know? You've only talked to her twice."

"She has a bad reputation. I don't think you should get more involve with that." I couldn't understand why Michael didn't like Brianna. He's never said anything bad about her before. It was like something just switched in him that made him hate her.

"Can you guys not talk about her I front of me?" Ashton rubbed his eyes. He still had feelings for Brianna. We tried not talking about her in front of him but some how she always gets brought up. Usually he would just walk away.

"Sorry Ash."

We spent the whole time playing FIFA. Calum won most of the time. He noticed the tension between Michael and I was increasing. Even with out saying a word he was annoying me. Every breathe he took just made me want to shove a knife up his nose.

After 5 cans of pop and a few more games of FIFA, Calum pulled me into the other room.

"Dude ignore Michael. He's PMSing right now."

"I'm fine Cal." I gave him a little smirk.

"You like her don't you?"

"Yea like a lot. I don't know how to tell her." I rubbed the back if my neck. I felt my cheeks blush.

"Well her birthdays tomorrow. Get some balls and just ask her. Your a big boy now do it."