Chapter 3

The alarm woke us up. I fought for the shower first. Luke didn't get out of bed. He stayed till we were done.

"Rach. Sit down. I'll do your hair." She dragged her self over to the chair in front of the mirror. She can't put a bump in her hair.

"Please take your medicine." I could hardly hear Rachel. I knew she was trying not to talk loud enough for Luke to hear.

"I will. Don't worry." I teased her ponytail a little bit to give it more volume.

She walked out of the bathroom. I had to blow dry my hair. Rachel and I did our make up at the same time.

Luke grabbed our bags for us. We waited in the lobby for the rest of the team. The lady at the front desk was getting irritated with us. A few of them were practicing the dance. Others just talking. I sat as far away. Isolating myself from the others.

"There's my baby girl." I looked up from my phone. Miranda's brother, Mark was standing above me. His lips tugged into a smile.

"I'm not your baby girl." I gave sarcasm. Mark laughed a little.

Coach yelled so we all could hear. "All right team. Remember it's not all about winning." Mark whispered something to me. "Hit the jumps. Rachel practice your back handsprings before we go out." When she said her name I started to pay more attention.

Rachel could do a back handspring, but she just can't land it all the time. If there's a springboard floor she could land it and more. I knew she wasn't comfortable with everyone doing it at the sometime so close to each other. For awhile She refused to do it.

The place was crowded. I had Rachel hold on to me and Luke to hold on to her. They played music before the competition started. We attempted to follow the coach but people wouldn't move. I had to physically push people out of my way. I could hear Rachel whisper 'sorry'.

They started playing 'Lighters' by Bad Meets Evil. I heard Luke singing along quietly. As soon as we all got to our spot we set our bags down. Luke and I both were now singing along. We stared at each other. Still singing.

"Well, we found something in common." Luke winked at me. He moved next to me. I put one headphone in my ear. He put the other one in. I let him choose the songs. "Wow. you have a lot of Eminem and Dr.Dre on your phone."

"I listen to them when I'm home alone in my room."

Rachel went to the back and started practicing. I let Luke keep my phone. First they did their stunts. There was only one they were having trouble with. I watched them throw Miranda in the air. She couldn't stick her scorpion.

"Switch me out with Rachel. I can't do it." Miranda yelled out.

"No you're doing this. Rachel's in enough stunts." The Coach yelled back at her.

Miranda complained all the time. Even about the littlest things. She's the coaches daughter. She didn't treat Miranda or Mark any different than the rest.

I watched them go to the tumbling mat. It was hard with all the people trying to practice. The Coach had most people get off after a couple of tries. She had a few people go and practice their back handsprings. The first one Rachel failed at. I saw her right arm give out. The second one, She failed again. She fell of her butt. The third one, She finally landed it perfectly.

"Third times a charm. Isn't it Rachel?" I laughed.