Chapter 14

Luke's P.O.V

"You haven't been to school almost all week." Brianna was sitting on the couch.

"Well, you know. I hate school."

"So does everyone else but you have to go."

"You sound like Alec." She threw her head back.

"We should hang out today. Walk around town and stuff." I climbed on her like a four year old cuddling with their mother.

She must have thought I was crazy. She pushed me off of her. I could tell she wasn't in the mood for doing anything but I was determined to get her out.

"What are you doing?" Brianna screamed as I pulled her off the couch.

"I want to hang out and if that means dragging you outside then that's what Imma do."

"Isn't that illegal? Like kidnap and shit?" I ignored her comment and threw her coat at her.

I knew Brianna didn't want to go. Ever sense she was younger she hated going outside. The only time she went outside was for softball and she was even skeptical on that.

"Brianna I'll buy you food please let's just go out." I was on my knees begging for her to come.

"What kind of food?"

"Anything you want."

I started to regret dragging Brianna out. The night was freezing. Brianna was mad at me for making her leave.

"Wanna come over tomorrow for Thanksgiving?" She spit out.

"Sure but who's cooking?"

"I am. I won't let anyone else cook it." She laughed a little. "Alec misses you he hasn't seen you in forever."

"He could just call me."

We walked further down the street looking at all the little shops, then making fun of people in them.

"Ay misfit." An unfamiliar voice yelled at the end of the alleyway.

"Hey Chad." She walked up to the guy and hugged him. "Chad this is Luke."

"The guy you're going out with?" He looked happy

"No. that's Ashton."

"Well, Luke keep her safe." He patted my back and went on talking to Brianna. "Mom hasn't seen you."

"I think I know that. Wait isn't my team going against your girls this weekend?" They both were whispering at this point.

"Yea. But I'm cheering on my little girl." He pinched her cheeks. Her laugh was louder than usual.

Chad and Brianna talked for awhile. They talked about how they think the game will go and about Alec.

We finally left and started going home. I was staying at Brianna's house again. I practically live there now. Over the last two months of staying at Brianna's house she's never let me in her room.

"I'm sleeping on the couch again. I know you don't have to tell me again." I laughed before she could say anything about sleeping.

"No I was going to say you could sleep in my room. but if you prefer the couch-"

"Your room sounds good." I didn't let Brianna finish her sentence. "Bri, why did Chad call you misfit?"

"That's what his mom always called me and he thought it was cool. Like my dad always called him Chad but his real name's Cannon."

We snuck into Brianna's house. Her moms car was in the drive way and the light was on. She didn't like it when I stayed over, but her dad didn't mind.

I looked all around the room. Everything was pure white. Like she had just painted it. The only color she had was her bed but that was black. I looked around some more and there were a ton of hand sanitizer bottles around. Three by the window. Three by the door. Three by her bed. I walked into the bathroom. There was even more bottles of hand sanitizer around.

Brianna stayed in the bathroom for awhile. She took a longer shower than she did at my house. Alec walked in and gave me a pair of clothes I left here the other day. I waited for her to get done. I didn't want her walking out when I was in the middle of changing.

"Hey Bri. Could you hurry up. Its been an hour." I knocked on her bathroom door.

"Almost done." She shut the shower off.

She didn't take long to get dressed. When she walked out she was drying her hair. She was wearing my hoodie I gave her last weekend.

"Am I ever going to get my clothes back from you?" I walked out of the bathroom.

"If you give a girl your clothes, don't be expecting them back for awhile. Or ever."

I just rolled my eyes at her and jumped in bed. It was pretty cold in her room. I stole most of the blankets from Brianna.

"Fine have your hoodie." She pulled it over her head. At first I thought she wasn't wearing anything under it but she was wearing a tank top.

"Thank you Princess."

"No problem sweet cheeks." She hit me with a pillow. I was to tired to do anything back.