Chapter 6

I left my house with Alec. I had to stop at Rachel's house. She was starting to worry me. Not showing up to practice, or school. She's never missed a day of school.

I walked up to the door. I knocked. No answer. I was use to her not answering the door. I walked around the house. I told Alec I would just be a minute. The window was wide open. Like some one was expecting me to be there.

"Rachel. Aunt Bel." I yelled all their names. No one answered.

I walked up stairs there wasn't any noise. Their dog didn't greet me like usual when I go threw the window. I opened the door to Rachel's room. Everything was gone. I walked out and went to my aunts room they weren't there, but everything was still there. I tried calling them. They didn't answer. I didn't call my Uncle Matt because I didn't have his number.

Rachel's room was like completely empty. All the drawers were empty. The bath room was empty. The only things she left behind were the pictures of her and I. Her room use to be covered with pictures of her and her friends. You couldn't even tell what color her walls were.

I tried to call my aunt again. She didn't answer. I kept calling hoping she would answer.
"Aunt Bel, please call me. I'm worried. Call me when you get the chance." I left her a voice mail.

I went to the window I came through and closed it. I made sure everything was were it was supposed to be and left. Alec didn't look to happy with me. I ran to the car.

"What's going on?" He asked me.

"Nothing everything's fine." I didn't want to tell him. He would just freak out.

"Let's go to Lukes house." He seemed upset. Angry. He's usually happy with me.

I gave Alec my phone. I wanted to get permission instead of just showing up. I'm pretty sure Luke didn't mind but just to be safe.

I've been to Luke's house all the time, but never went in. It was pretty big on the outside.

We arrived at Luke's house. Alec darted out of the car and knocked on the door. I searched for me phone. The boys stared yelling at me to hurry up.

Luke showed us inside. The house was massive. We left Alec in the kitchen. I told Luke I needed to talk to him. He dragged me upstairs to his room.

"I went to Rachel's house before we came here." I looked at the ground. I couldn't look him in the eyes. "Most of her stuff is gone. Her parents stuff is there but her room is almost empty."

"What do you mean almost?" He tilted my head up.

"The only things were pictures of her and I still on the wall." He sat down on his bed. He didn't seem angry or upset.

"What about under the bed?" He covered his face. His right legged started bouncing.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He walked out of the room. I followed him.

We told Alec we were going to be right back. He was 15 now, but still a kid. Luke trusted him alone at his house, so I trusted him as well.

Luke drove his car to Rachel's house. I took Luke to the back. Everything was the same as it was before. I followed Luke up to Rachel's room. He was hesitant to walk in.

"The box isn't here!" Luke shouted. This was the first time I've ever seen him so pissed.

"What was in the box?" I asked. I was never really close to Rachel. Sure I helped her with her problems and cheer but that's it.

"She kept everything that reminded her of you in that box. I know it sounds weird but she looked up to you. Even though you're just a year older than her, she says you grew up to fast." His voice was down to a whisper.

I picked Luke up. I didn't want him to stay in this room anymore.