Chapter 5

It's been a couple weeks sense the competition. I haven't heard from Rachel. Luke called me to see if I knew what's wrong with her.

Alec wanted to go to the movies. Dad said no because he was grounded. Usually he would come to me after dad said no. He just pouted all the way to his room.

"I'll take you if you want." I peaked my head through the door.

"Really Bri!" He jumped in excitement.

I got my keys and we started to walk out. Our dad asked where we were going. I just said it was a surprise for Alec. It wasn't uncommon for me to take Alec to random places.

Alec and I were pretty close. People use to call us twins born at different times, until I started acting 'weird'. Alec finds nothing wrong with me unlike everyone else. If something happened to him I don't know what I would do.

We got to the movie theatre. It wasn't busy at all. Alec took forever to pick out his movie. He decided to change it when we got there.

"Can I have two tickets?" I started searching for my money. I couldn't find it. I thought I left it at my house.

"I'll pay for it Bri." The guy behind the counter laughed. His blonde hair standing up straight.

"Thanks. When are you going to learn that's not my name?" I leaned forward on the counter.

"Is that Luke? The guy you always talk about." Alec interrupted us. I slapped him in the arm. Luke just laughed.

"You better get going the movies going to start soon." Luke point to the doors.

I didn't pay attention to the movie. It wasn't very good in the first place. Alec fell asleep. I kept waking him up.

After the movie Alec wanted to hang out with Luke. We waited for his shift to get over with. I started to get impatient with him. It seemed like he was taking his sweet time.

I hung out outside of the theatre. The smoke filling my lungs. Usually I wouldn't when I hang out with Alec. That was the only thing he didn't know about me. He always talks about how much he hates people the smoke. I tried quitting but it didn't last long.

I heard the door open, and I threw the cigaret on the ground and stepped on it throwing a mint in my mouth. "Luke you should come over tonight." Alec walked out with Luke. I walked over to them. "Can he Bri?" He started to make the puppy dog face.

"I guess he can sleep on the couch." I looked at the time on my phone. It was starting to get late.

"Wait. You let him call you Bri but when I call you that you freak." Luke stopped me.

"Thats different." I pushed passed him.

We got to my house. It was quiet and dark. I told Luke just to pick a couch. My dog Miley wouldn't stop bugging me.

"What kind of dog is that?" Luke bent down. He grabbed one of her toys.

"Pomeranian husky. She's 3 months old." I watched Luke play with Miley. Alec didn't take much time going to bed.

I sat next to Luke. We watched television for a few hours. There wasn't any talking. The only noise was the tv. I watched Luke. He was focused on the show.

"So you talk about me." He tilted his head down to me. I started to get embarrassed. I was mad at Alec for saying anything.

"Yea. Talking about how annoying you are." I laughed. He put his arm around my shoulders.

"If I was annoying then why are you still sitting next to me." He whispered in my ear. His deep voice sending chills down my spine.