3. Haymitch's plan

Haymitch tells them about his plan.

“We leave Thirteen with a Hovercraft. A friend of mine, a pilot, who is also not happy to be here will help us get out. Since I’m here my job is to control the food delivery, so I was able to collect enough food for month. We go back to Twelve.”

 “But they told me there is nothing left after bombing Twelve” says Peeta.

“Nothing but our houses in Victors Village” Haymitch answers smiling.

“The only thing not clear in my plan how we put all the food and ourselves onto the Hovercraft unseen” he admits. “We need a distraction so nobody is suspicious when we are outside together.”

They all look puzzled. Peeta looks at Katniss and says “What about Katniss and me run off in the woods tomorrow and you pick us after get the Hovercraft ready the next day?”

“The escape of Katniss will be enough distraction that’s for sure” Haymitch agrees.

“No Peeta, you’re not able to run through the woods. You’re still wounded.” Katniss shouts with sparkling eyes.

“I can make it and I’m not alone. You’re with me. Remember together we can do everything” smiles Peeta at Katniss.

“I come with you” Finnick says catching Annie’s hand. “I have to, if anything happens to Peeta or the searching guard comes to near Katniss may need some help.”

“Ok, that’s settled then!” Haymitch says with a smile of satisfaction on his face. “Ahm, Katniss before you worry. I spoke to your mother and Prim. They aren’t in real danger right now, but Prim is coming with us. Your mother plans to leave Thirteen next week to help building a hospital in Four.”

“Thank you Haymitch. I’m glad Prim comes with us!” says Katniss with tears in her eyes. Peeta wraps his arms around her and gives her a light kiss on the forehead. “It’s gonna be fine. We’ll make it. After that we can stay together forever” smiles Peeta.

“What if Coin realizes where we are?” Annie asks.

“She will not know we’re alive” Haymitch answers “After we arrived in Twelve we send the Hovercraft in the opposite direction and let it crash down. Thankfully all Hovercrafts can be remote-controlled. Coin and Heavensbee won’t suspect our death for long. They have to lead a rebellion after all.”

“Haymitch you’re genius” Peeta shouts.

After the others left the room, Katniss and Peeta lay down. They’ll need all sleep they can get until tomorrow. With her head on his chest Katniss murmurs “I love you Peeta”. A moment before she drifts off she hears “I love you too, Katniss.”

----------------------------------------------------

If you like it so far - I will write more :-)