When Sarah smiles

There is something special about buying a house. It's not simply a building or pieces of concrete put together. A house symbolizes more than that: this is the place where you will spend the rest of your life, it is the place where you will feel love, sorrow, happiness, and sadness. A house is a home. The people who live in a house give it a special meaning, and for some, a home is everything they could ever ask for.

That was the case for Wentworth. He spent years living alone, feeling hopeless and useless. A home, a family symbolizes for him one's wholeness as a human being. At the end of the day, the only thing that truly maters is love shared with your family and your friends. This love is reunited in a home, that's why a house meant so much to him and Sarah : it was a commitment to each other to share everything in this particular place, the one they would share for the rest of their lives.

A year had passed. Went, Sarah, Noah, Michael and Sofia were living in their new house. The kids were amazing. Real little angels.

It was the Golden Globes day and a lot of pressure was on everyone's shoulders. It was tacking place in LA, so Went and Sarah wouldn't be far away from the twins, but they were anxious to leave them. The kids were the couple's most precious thing and they wouldn't spend one second apart from them if they could. It was not one of those days, they would be apart for the entire day.

Went was particularly stressed, because apart from Prison Break being nominated for Best Television Series Drama, he was nominated for Best Actor in a Television Series Drama. It was going to be a big day, Sarah could feel it.

Went, Sarah and Noah were going to the ceremony while Sofia and Michael stayed at home with a babysitter.

Went was wearing a black suit with a white shirt. He wanted to stay simple and humble. Sarah was wearing a long yellow dress, just like the day they met at the park. She was more beautiful than she had ever been in her life. Noah was wearing a black suit with a white shirt, embellished by a black bow tie.

The entire team was placed near the stage. Dom's kids were there too. They stayed together for the whole ceremony. Went was in the middle, next to Sarah and Dom, who was accompanied by Anna. On the row behind us, there was Paul, Vaun, Mike, Robert, Rockmond, Amaury and the new actors. They were all here. It was a really fun evening, a sort of family reunion.

Came Went's category. He took Sarah's hand and held it strongly, anxious about the results. He knew that it had little importance in a man's life to win an award, but it also felt like an accomplishment few people could do, and he wanted to make his family proud. The fear of losing was growing inside of him, when he heard his name in the microphone. He won ! He jumped in Dom's arms and shared a long kiss with Sarah before going on stage.

« Wow. Ummm, I didn't expect to win, so I didn't bother to write a speech, but I will say this : if there is one thing that this past year has taught me, is that life is unpredictable and it can change in an instant, and because of this new season, my life is completely different. I owe everything to Prison Break, because without this show, I would never have met two of the most important people in my life : Dominic, my best friend, and Sarah, the love of my life. Without this show, I wouldn't have three wonderful children and have the life that I have, so thank you to everyone who contributed in any way to this show, and particularly Paul, the creator, the mastermind. Without you I don't know how I would have made it this far. »

The next category was the one in which the show was nominated. Unlike the Golden Globes in 2006, the show won. Paul did a speech and announced another season coming the following year. The entire audience was cheering at the news and half were giving Paul a standing ovation.