Chapter 8

Miyah's POV

It was almost and six-hour trip to get where we needed to be, and even then we were still an hour away from where they were located. We chose to stop at a hotel and prepare, plus we wanted to wait until nightfall that way our black clothes would blend it, give off the element of surprise.

"These beds are disgusting," I said flopping down on them and not flopping back up. "They're really hard and uncomfortable, it's a good thing we are not sleeping here," I laughed looking over at Hayden.

Hayden nodded and sat on the edge of the bed as she looked at me.

"Hayden, what's wrong? I know their birthday is coming up and it's going to be hard but it will be okay, but you can't project that onto everybody. It can affect your training which can get us killed," I said going and standing in front of her.

Hayden looked up at me and sighed. "It would've been their 20th birthday this year," she whispered holding back her tears. "I just miss them so much" She added and put her face in her hands.

I sit down next to her sighing softly wrapping my arms around her. "I know sweetie, I know how hard it is. But it is what makes you the person you are today, they're with you every step you take. It'll be alright, I am here, you aren't going through this alone," I whispered to her brushing the hair out of her face.

Hayden wrapped her arms around me and closed her eyes. "It's three days away," she whispered. "I just miss them, I wish they were here, you would've loved them. They were only 14 when they d-died," she mumbled looking up at me.

"I am sure I would have, if they were anything like you, I would have absolutely adored them," I said holding her close to me. I knew she would break eventually and I was glad I was the one there for her. I pet her hair and let her cry as much as she needed. It was better to get it out now then while we were fighting. "Sweetie, use this when we attack. Let yourself remember, get angry, those evil bloodsuckers are the ones who took them from you, who took my family from me," I whispered biting my lip.

Hayden's face turned red with anger as she stopped crying. She looked at me like she could kill me. "Let's go before I cry again," she said getting up off the bed. She grabbed her backpack and walked to the door.

I watched her sighing just wanting her to be happy again. I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder heading to the car. It was dark out now and I could actually feel the tension in the air. I climbed in the car then looked at Hayden in the seat next to me. "Let's kick some butt," I said holding out my fist smiling.

Hayden nodded and looked at me "after this I will go back to being the girl that everyone wants to be around," she said an evil smile creeping on her face. "I really think it's because we haven't killed in a long time," she whispered and looked down at her hands.

"Well Don't Worry, we will be back to it in a very short amount of time, oh and thanks for leaving me hanging," I said glaring and dropping my fist and starting the car heading towards the biggest battle we would ever encounter.

**********************

We finally pulled up about a mile from everything. I quickly shut off the car not wanting them to know we were there. I put my hood up and grabbed my bag climbing out and going to Hayden. 'What's the plan' i asked her in my head.

Sirens have the ability to talk to each other through their thoughts. Hayden and I just like to but it comes in handy in situations like this.

'Well, I was kinda hoping you had a plan' she said and gave me a childlike smile as she shrugged.