Chapter 13

Hayden's POV

I walked out of "my" bedroom at three in the morning wandering around the halls. I sighed softly missing James and Joey. I hummed a song that my mom use to sing to me when I was younger. I shook my head and stumbled in a room with a pool "whoa" I mumbled before I smiled and jumped in. I giggled and swam around as I began to sing.

I stop singing as I pull my wet shirt off me, I throw it out of the pool then I do the same with my pants leaving me in my black bra and matching panties. I shake my head thinking about what's going to happen as I swim around the pool. I sighed and stopped swimming as I thought about leaving. Well, they did kill my family and Miyah's, I shouldn't be falling in love with one. I practically growl as I punch the side of the pool. What's the hell was I thinking?

I hold my hand as it started to bruise. I go under the water and scream till I need air. I come back up and look around feeling like someone was watching me. I swam to the side of the pool then I sat on the edge still feeling like I was being watched.

"That looked a little painful there dollface," Daxton called out nearly making me jump out of my skin. He was walking towards me with a pair of black swim trunks hanging loosely around his hips.

I stared at him for a few seconds before I looked away. "I'm fine," I grumble as I think about what happened to my brothers trying to not think about how sexy Dax looked. "Why do you always follow me? I'm not some fragile little girl, I can fight and protect myself." I say as I stand up. I walk over to my clothes and pick them up.

Daxton smirked and shoved me into the pool roughly. When I could finally stand up out of the water he was laughing hysterically at me. "Oh yes, clearly you can protect yourself. You should have seen your face!" He yelled pointing at me and laughing louder.

I glared at him and swam to the other side of the pool, I got back out and rolled my eyes mumbling stupid vampire.

"Hayden, why are you being like this? I am just trying to lighten the mood," he said suddenly standing in front of me close enough I could feel his body heat.

I looked away from him "I'm not acting any different, the only difference is I'm not trying to kiss you," I say harshly as I cross my arms over my chest looking at him.

"Exactly, and that is different, what's wrong dollface?" He asked laughing before moving a strand of wet hair behind my ear.

I take a step backward as I stare at him, "Nothing," I mumbled.

"Hayden... Please don't lie to me," he whispered looking into my eyes.

"I can't tell you even if I really wanted to," I say as I turn my back to him.

"Hayden you can tell me anything," he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"No I can't, just drop it Daxton" I practically yell as I pull away from him. "Just don't," I whisper as I close my eyes.

Daxton looks at me with sad eyes and I can clearly hear IN MY HEAD 'Just talk to me Hayden, let me be here for you.'

"You would be mad at me," I whispered and turned to him. "And stay out of my head!" I add.

"Just tell me, Hayden! Stop being so stubborn!" He yelled about to push me into the pool again.

I screamed before I hit the water when he pushed me again, I came back up again at looked at him "Stop doing that!" I yell. "I can't be with you!" I lied as I look away from him.

"Don't you dare lie to me Hayden, I know you have feelings for me, so tell me the truth," he glared getting into the water and walking up to me.

I backed up and looked in his eyes. "I-I" I stuttered trying to make up another lie.