chapter 7

That's what James looks like

**********

Hayden's POV

2 months later

Miyah and I sat in James' classroom bothering him. I stood behind him with my arms around his neck. "James do we have to write this essay? Can't you just give us both an a?" i whisper in his ear.

"Oh my gosh Hayden you know he won't say no," Miyah giggled laying down across the row of desks.

"Hayden, I can get in a lot of trouble for that," he said sounding easily persuaded.

I giggle and kiss right under his ear "Please?" I whisper asItrail kisses down his neck.

Miyah does her best to avoid it but she couldn't help but snicker when his face turned red.

"Fine," he grumbled to me putting in the grades. "But you owe me big time."

I smile and turn his head to the side, "thanks" i say before I kiss his lips softly. I smile and sit on his desk in front of him.

Miyah groans and pretended to gag but she walked over and wrapped her arms around my neck kissing my cheek "nice job"

I giggle and lean against her. I sigh softly and look at her "i miss him" i whisper very quietly.

Miyah looked at me and sighed laying her head on my shoulder "I know, me too"

I lay my head on top of hers closing my eyes as i began to think about Daxton. HIs amazing chocolate brown eyes, his perfectly styled brown hair, his full lips that I just wanna kiss till we both can't breath.

**************

After an hour or two of bothering James, Miyah and I went home. I packed my bag and sighed softly. If only James wasn't just a human and couldn't kill him, I kinda wish he was my mate. Don't get me wrong I like Dax, but he's a vampire the one thing I hate. James was such a sweet guy but he's not Dax. I may not have spent a lot of time with Dax but I knew there was a bond between us, it was strong and the more we were around each other it grew.

I still couldn't believe the guy I like is a vampire, maybe it's a sign that I need to forget about the past for good. Forget my mom, dad and the twins. Their birthday was coming soon, it was one of the worst days of the year now. I locked myself in my house and ignored everyone. I cried the entire day and wished I was with them. They were only two years younger than me, I spent as much time as i could with them. They were my best friends before I met Miyah.

My phone went off bringing me out of my thoughts. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. The text from joe said 'Come to headquarters ASAP' I replied and told him I'm on my way. I put my phone back in my pocket then I grabbed my bag and put it on my back. I looked for my key for a few minutes before I put my leather jacket on. After finding my keys I walked out to my car and got in. I threw my bag in the passenger seat and drove to "headquarters" As I drove I sang softly to the radio and drummed my fingers on the steering wheel.

When I got there, I walked to Joe making my way through all the tunnels. When I got to him I looked around for Miyah and noticed that saw that she wasn't here yet. I shrugged and sat down in one of the chairs in front of Joe's desk.

"Hey Joey," I say distancing him from his paperwork.

Joe looked at me and raised and eyebrow. "Are you okay Hayden? You're quieter than normal and you seem like you're upset," he said as he put his pen down on the desk.

I nod and give him a small smile "I'm okay, I'm just a little tired," I say looking at all the papers on his desk. I sigh softly as I wait on Miyah. "Do you know where Miyah's at?" I asked and look back in Joe's eyes noticing he's been watching me since I sat down in front of him.

He shrugged and looked at his watch, "she told me she would be here as soon as she could" he said and smiled.

I nod and sigh again, "Normally she's here before me," I say getting a little worried.

Suddenly the doors busted open and Miyah stumbled in laughing slightly. "I ran into a pole," she said laughing going and sitting on Joe's desk. "Hey baby, how you doin'?" She asked him taking her leather jacket off leaving her in tight black jeans and a blank tank top, naturally.

I shake my head and watch her closely. "Well now that we're all here tell us why I was dragged here," I say getting a little attitude.

Joe looked Miyah up and down then smiled "Ashton's in his office," he said.

I roll my eyes before I get up and walked to Ashton. "I was okay with being home by myself watching tv," I say bursting in his office. "Either you tell me who I need to kill or you can let me go back to my house so I can finish my drink and finish watching my movie," I lie.

Miyah gave Joe a wink then punched my arm gently, "I ain't mean to Mr. Sexy so don't give my Joey attitude. He's just backup, blame Ashton." She said following me to Ashton. She grabs my arm squeezing it when I bark at Ashton. "What she means is, what's up?" She asked him smiling; a lot more happier than usual which was odd.

I roll my eyes again then I look at Miyah. I shake my head waiting for Ashton to answer me before I say something else.

"Look, girls, have a seat, this is something a little more intense than what you're used to. We have been getting reports of a group of-."

"Blah blah blah bloodsuckers, where are they so I can kill them?" I ask as I pull my arm away from Miyah. I walk over to the door as I sigh loudly.

"No Hayden, this isn't like everyone else you've fought. This is an elite group of bloodsuckers. They've been taking over the whole left side of the state and are threatening our area." He said the blood draining from his face showing us how big of a deal it was

I stop and close my eyes. "We've done a lot more training, we're ready" I mumble and turn around. "Where are they?" I ask and look at Ashton.

"Did you not hear me? They are an elite group of bloodsuckers. The training you and Miyah have had would end up getting you both killed out there" Ashton said and look at me with worry in his eyes.

I look at him blankly and waited for him to tell me where we have to go.

"Hayden, I know your brothers birth-" he started but I cut him off "Don't talk about them, I know their birthday is is a few days but that doesn't mean you have to say it out loud," I say through clenched teeth.

Miyah looks at me in disbelief "what has gotten into you?" she asked and crossed her arms over her chest. "First you're a brat to Joe then you're one to Ashton, Are you trying to get us killed?" she asked and stared right at me.

I shrug "I'm just ready to go, we haven't killed any bloodsuckers in about 2 and a half months and I haven't messed around with any human but James. I can't really mess with him because I don't want him dead, every other guy that comes my way are just too boring and It'll be too easy" I sigh and sit down in one of the chairs. "I'm sorry after I couldn't kill Daxton it threw me off my game" I add and rub my face

Ashton nodded and sat down. "When I give you the coordinates you can't go guns blazin' in there you have to plan something, okay?" he asked.

I nod and look at Miyah.

Ashton gave us the coordinates and told us that they might be expecting hunters then told us to be careful. We told him we would and that we will be back in a couple days.

We took Miyah's car and listened to the radio the whole ride there.