Chapter 15

Hayden's POV

I groan softly as I slowly start to wake up. I blinked a few times till everything was clear. I attempted to sit up as I cried out in pain, getting myself propped up on my elbows looking around. "Miyah," I say hoarsely remembering what happened. I got off the bed ignoring the pain as much as I could. "Miyah," I say again my body aching. I fall on my knees right in front of a big wooden door. I groaned and stood up only worried about finding Miyah not about the pain that was coursing through my body,

Suddenly in the corner of the room something moved and I saw Miyah shoot up out of the bed across the room and pain shot across her face. "Hayden!" She yelled the pain on her face being replaced by worry. She looked over at me and stumbled out of the bed and onto the floor placing both of her hands on either side of my face. "Are you okay? Rate your pain! Can you breath? Any broken bones?" She asked ignoring her pain and checking me over.

"No broken bones, a million, and yes I am breathing," I say as I look at her and hug her tightly. "I was so scared Miyah, I thought I had lost you," I whispered as tears ran down my cheeks.

Miyah hugged me tightly holding me closely shushing me softly rocking us back and forth. "It's alright sweetie, it's okay. Don't be so cliche. Even in pain, I can't stand cliches," I said chuckling softly lightening the mood.

I calmed down after a few minutes as I buried my face in her neck and sighed softly. We pulled away from each other just as the door opened making me growl. Growl? What? Did I just growl? I stared at the door and pushed Miyah behind me. To my relief and irritation it was Elliot who poked his head in at us. I rolled my eyes and moved beside Miyah as Elliot walked over to us.

Miyah looked up at Elliot and glares at him. "What happened, explain," Miyah barked at him and when he attempted to walk towards her she shoved me behind her and stood up protectively crossing her arms glaring, "No, Elliot explain."

I bite my bottom lip as I wrapped my arms around one of Miyah's legs like a scared child. I looked at Elliot then down at the ground as I whimpered softly.

Miyah looked down at me and smiled softly rubbing my hair. She looked back at Elliot and suddenly pain coursed through her body making her drop instantly. "What is going on Elliot," She yelled threw the pain knowing something was wrong because the pain wasn't coming from her back.

I wrapped my arms around her from behind as I stared at Elliot. I flinch back when he took a step towards us.

"Dax! Get in here!" Elliot yells making both of us skid back slightly. "Who else is here Elliot," Miyah hissed shielding me completely.

"Just Daxton and I, I promise," he said trying to make us see everything was okay.

Uhm, I'm sorry. Have you ever fought off over 30 vampires and been kidnapped and stabbed in the back?

Daxton came in looking at me and he sunk to his knees and held out his arms to me. "Hayden, sweetie, it's okay," he whispered to me and I could feel Miyah tense up.

I shook my head wildly and wrapped my arms tightly around Miyah not wanting to go near him.

Daxton frowned and stepped back giving me my space.

"Look, you guys lost a lot of bl-"

"Yada yada yada, lost a lot of blood, almost died, what happened? Give me the short version," Miyah said clenching her teeth.

"That's just it Miyah. You guys did die... You were stabbed in the back on your neck. Jack knew what he was doing. He has killed many people, he knows where to stab someone to kill them, and he did, we couldn't get you here fast enough," Elliot explained looking away.