Talking night...

Chapter 35

Her story...

21.01 .Amsterdam.

<<<<<<<<<<

A phone call broke the night's silence.

At first, I was sure it is an alarm clock, but when I opened my eyes, I found out its still dark outside.
Look up on the wall – 3:45….
Who the hell….?

Next thing my sleepy mind realizes – it's urgent, because no one will ever call me this time of the night if it's not…..
So, I got up and answered.
On the other side - it was silence.
I almost hang up but then I heard him.
He just said: - Hey, baby….

Shit……JiYong?
No. it just can't be….

My heart started to beat so fast, I could barely breathe.
I was trying to catch my breath, gather my thoughts and to get over my emotions - all together at the same time….
Useless.
When I finally released my "Hi" – it was weak and hoarse.
Why is he calling me?? What is it?....

So I asked:

- What's happened? Are you all right?  
- Is something has to happen, so I could call you? -, his voice turned ice cold.

- No, -  I said, - It just….
(shit, find the words!!…), - it's just…. a very late hour, and you woke me up, and I got nervous… Sorry.

I was speaking like a little girl, who just did something very wrong and has to apologize…
Really????
I got myself together and asked again, this time my voice was not weak…

- Is everything okay?

- It is. Ri said you are not coming, so I had to call and hear it from you, - he was pissed, barely able to hide it.

- That was not what I said. I said I have to check a few things and then I will call back and tell him for sure….But – anyway, what's with the tone? I did something wrong? , - now I am pissed…

- No, forgive me…, - his voice turned calm and tender.
What a chameleon!!!
Oh, this boy is going to ruin my life!….

- So? You calling me in the middle of night just to say "Hey"?, - I was not calm yet.
Three weeks. Three damn weeks I was waiting for this call (or hoping it will never come??)!
Now you calling to piss me off?

Good.
I prefer to be pissed instead of offended…
But my true feelings where already all over me.
His voice only made me miserable. God, I missed you…Do you even know how much????

- Of course not.,- he is nervous to..that's good..- I just wanted to talk to you. Can you talk right now?

I could feel he was trying to calm his voice, he was even more nervous then me.
- You woke me up anyway, so yes, I can talk, -(God damned, Airyne, control yourself!!)...
All I wanted at this moment it's to hang up, before I'll scream "I miss you like crazy".
I should never let him know….

- So, are you to busy? That’s why you are not coming? ,- he was struggling to find the words.

- No. Actually yes, I am busy. But…..can I ask you something?

- Yeah, sure..., - (confidence is back?)

I didn't knew how to ask this, but I just shot it out:
- Why are you calling me now?
(After 3 weeks, that were like infinity torcher for me???)

- What does it mean?, - he was really surprised by the question.

- It means, three weeks past, Ji. Not one day, not 5. Three damn weeks!! ,- my voice was trembling again, basically, I was inch close to mental break down...

-I didn't knew what to say, okay?? I could never imagine that I will miss you so much, is this enough???What do you want me to say???,- he was almost screaming.

-You know what? Never mind! Sorry for bothering you. Will not happen again!.........
He hanged up.
Just beeps in my head....