Jump, I won't catch you

Post-publishing note: Eyy I realized that Juuzou isn't really mentioned in this lil thingy but I was thinking of him as one of the duders so that's something! Also hi, I haven't published on here in a bit and I'm sick but I wanted to write something so I spat this out of my brain in twenty minutes at midnight. Yayyy. How've you guys been anyway?

Everything was gone. It disappeared easily, like a leaf blown away by a breeze. Everything was ephemeral anyway, it wasn't a surprise. But it was almost instant, and it was almost physical. I could almost feel everything being ripped away, and then it was just gone. I broke, I knew if would happen, but I never thought it would feel so bad. It didn't feel like anything at all, but at the same time it felt like everything at once. I was falling every day, further and further down until there was no up anymore. I didn't sleep, but I wasn't awake. Then I was thrown into the nearest nuthouse and left to rot. After that was just a downward spiral. Still there was nothing but down. There was so much pain, but still there was nothing. I didn't want to feel nothing and everything anymore. So I stood there, at the edge of the roof of the nuthouse, feeling so out of it and reversed and inside out, everything was spinning but everything was so still, nothing was moving at all. And all I wanted was for it to stop. And I was tired of wishing for it to stop. That hadn't worked. So instead of begging for it to stop, I made it stop. I was falling, but it wasn't scary. It was pure, a simple, single sensation, one feeling, it was so easy. So plain. And no one caught me, and I was grateful for that. Over time a lot of people had tried to make it stop, they had tried to catch me, but eventually they always said it, the same thing over and over. So I was glad when I found out then and there that they kept their word. I jumped, they didn't catch me, and I've never felt happier. But there was a darkness to it, because I could feel it. I could feel it being blown away like a leaf in a breeze, all the people who tried to catch me blowing away because they disappeared with me. No one would see them the way I did, no one would feel about them the way I did, and now that was missing from the world. No matter how small it was, how insignificant, it was still there, a part of the world and a part of their lives, and now it was gone. Maybe it wasn't so pure after all.