Chapter 6 Lizzy and Becka and loss

It's been 5 and half months since I found out Avery was pregnant. Only 2 weeks and I get to take care of her I thought. I had just gotten back from a mission the colossal titan broke the wall again and we finally got sent home. A net was put over the hole and we will be sealing it tomorrow. I was sitting in my dorm waiting for Mina to get back.
"God she takes to long." I said aloud.
Then I heard a knock at the door so I opened it to see Jean.
"Hey horsey, how'd you get out of the stables."I said smirking.
"Enju, I came to tell you, that Mina Carolina died on today's mission and you as her roommate are to pack up her things and give them to her family."
"What?!"
"I'm sorry."
I quickly slammed the door on his face and started to pack up her things. I can't cry I must stay strong. I can cry later. I kept telling myself while packing her things. When I finished I left the dorm with her things and headed to HQ where her family was waiting.
"Mrs.Carolina here is Mina's things." I said to her mother.
"Oh Enju, I know she cared about you like a sister so I think you should have this."
She handed me a small box and I opened it to see a small hair piece that was blue and white with small red beads on it.
"It was her favourite when she was younger. I know she wanted you to have it."
"Thank you." I said as I was putting it in my hair.
"It looks perfect."
"Thanks." I said giving her a hug.
"I will stay in touch with you okay?"
"Of course sweetie."
She quickly smiled and waved as she left.
"Such a happy women since she just lost her daughter." I thought aloud. I then went back to my empty dorm to cry myself asleep. When I got there I was surprised to see Lizzy and Becka waiting for me.
"Hi guys. What are you doing here?"
"Enju. We want to start off by saying were sorry about Mina."
Lizzy said.
"Thank you." I replied.
"There is something we need to tell you." Lizzy said.
"Okay."
Lizzy opened her mouth to say something but Becka started speaking. I was shocked to hear her speaking. She's never said anything before. Her voice was very scratchy.
"We used to live in the underground city. Our names used to be Elizabeth and Lebecka. French names of course. Our dad was apart of a gang and that's how we got these scars. I lost my eye from darts being thrown at me, the scars are from them cutting me. Lizzy has burn scars from them taking a fire poker and holding it to her face. We got tired if being abused. Our dad never layed a hand on us but he knew they were doing it and never stopped them. We were born into the gang because of our dad. We were forced to steal and worse kill. That's why we left. We hoped they wouldn't find us but today we returned to our dorms to find a note saying (it was hard to find you two but we finally found you. We are coming for you). They know where we are, they know we are soldiers. They will do anything to hurt us, which means they will come after you." Becka said.
......
"Enju, we care for you that's why we need you to stay away from us." Lizzy said
"You guys are stupid."
"Huh?" They both said.
"You guys became friends with me knowing thus could happen, then tell me everything and tell me to stay away from you. What the fuck? I am not leaving your guy's sides. You guys are my friends, no family. So know that I will never leave your side and if it means fighting I will."
"No Enju-"
"No buts. I am not going to lose you!"
"You are one stubborn girl." Becka said.
"Yeah but it comes in handy." I said then smiled.

(A/N) Finally. 733 words. Thats the longest I've ever done. Next chapter will be them arriving at the Scout regiment. Next chapter will be short. This took me an hour and a half. So you better like it. :-) Bye for now,
Petra