Chapter twentythree

- Jenn's POV -

'Sorry I just had a flashback' Brooklyn tried to explain to me. 'A flashback of what?' I asked, clearly confused.
He told me about his summer here in California last year and about that party. 'After the party went back to out hotel. No one was talking & we went straight to bed. But I didn't sleep well. I was rolling back & forth in my bed, I even started sweating but I didn't know why. I took my phone because sleeping that night seemed hopeless. Do you remember the pictures we took a few days before the flight? I set one of them as my lock-screen. I was staring at you and suddenly it all came to me. I loved you & I still do. I will always love you no matter what. But I am not here to confess my love to you I'm here to tell you what happened last summer. I started crying out of nothing. Suddenly I missed you so much & I felt like the biggest asshole ever. I tried to think of a good reason why I did what I did, but I couldn't really find one. I felt like I betrayed you, even though we weren't a couple back then but I still loved you and I just had mixed feelings." „that's why you were so weird the whole time.." I whispered, looking down. „yeah.. I wanted to tell you the whole time but I was so scared that if I told you, you wouldn't want to be friends with me anymore. At some point I knew I had to tell you, but I just didn't know how. I wanted to call you, but at the same time I couldn't talk to you because I felt so bad. I wanted to see you but at the same time I thought I couldn't look straight in your eyes cause I'd be lying. I wanted so much, but I destroyed everything" „hey" I interrupted him while I took his hands „you didn't destroy anything. We weren't a couple back then so why would I be mad at you? Of course it's not the best news, but I'm not mad at you" I gave him a warm smile. „I get it now but why are you mad at Jack?" „I was crying a lot that night and that really exhausted me, which means I finally fell asleep. The next morning I heard a voice telling me to wake up. But obviously I didn't because I was really tired. So when I didn't wake up, I felt someone punching my face. I immediately stood up to see who it was. And who did I see? Cole. „DUDE WHATS YOUR PROBLEM?" I yelled at him. He started to laugh pathetically „what my problem is? You're my problem, Beckham! You've had sex with my girlfriend! What's YOUR problem?" He yelled back. „dude look I'm sorry okay? I know it wasn't right of me to do that and really I don't even have a good reason of why I did it but it kinda just happened. And please keep it down a little my head hurts like crazy" I kind of tried to apologize. „to keep it gown a little? Ha, I didn't even get started yet. You're gonna get what you deserve now. Jack, guys, come in!" He raised his voice and the guys, who I thought where my friends, came in. Suddenly, they all started to punch me and what not. I tried to fight back but they were like 6-7 and I was on my own so they knocked me down for real. It was like a nightmare. I was lying in hospital for 3 days straight cause a cleaning lady found me on the floor of my room, all covered in blood, so she called the ambulance" I was in total shock. I covered my mouth with my hands cause I couldn't believe what Brooklyn has just told me. „S-so Jack also you know.. punched you?" I asked. „yeah.. and he was like the most aggressive one" he answered, looking at the floor. „but.. but why?" „I don't know. But I'm really done talking bout it so can we please go back to the hotel now?" He asked. I felt so sorry for him. „of course baby" I answered.