Mount Doomskull

Countless monsters filled the path of the mountain. There were hundreds of ghastly creatures, evolved and corrupted. Behind them, were also hundreds of chaos soldiers, yet some were just simply chaorrupted humans.

"We have only one choice, Gamzati," Gomfalion stated. "Two humans and one wolf against the whole wave of chaos in Mount Doomskull."

Gamzati smirked. "Not a big problem. If they have power in numbers, we have power in each other."

"Uh... Yeah okay," Gomfalion stuttered. "Just don't get too excited. Our deaths wont be liable by anyone."

Aether let out a groan, as if he impatiently wanted to charge at his enemies.

Gomfalion readied his sword. "You're right, we should get going."

The two charged at the enemies as they climbed up countless kilometers up the mountain. Spells were casted, swords clashed, and the wolf tore down its enemies. They fought and fought and fought, not even bothering counting kills. As they came around halfway the mountain, they began to speak to each other:

"We've come so far in our journey through chaos, haven't we?" Gamzati suddenly asked.

"That's quite true," Gomfalion said, pouncing through his foes. "We've been trying to survive this hell, yet it was a hell that we could grip. We all stayed together and through time, we've gotten much more powerful."

"That's true," Gamzati said. She unsheathed a dagger and threw it to a random chaos soldier.

"Keep focusing on the battle," Gomfalion said. "These soldiers are just guards, we'll be able to finish these people off before we get to the top."

Meanwhile, as the two climbed up Mount Doomskull, there were also the people back at Shadowfall. Gravelyn was back at the same place she always was, her throne room, making announcements to her volunteers, Chizet and Kitri.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"By this time, Gomfalion would have arrived at Mount Doomskull," Gravelyn announced. "Send soldiers to march to the mountain. I'll give you two the right to command the attack."

"Alright, we got it," Chizet spat. "How many soldiers do you plan to bring?"

"It depends on you," Gravelyn replied. "Do you plan to attack the whole army? Or do you plan to ambush Drakath's forces and eat them down?"

"I suppose seven hundred will do," Kitri said. "It's too early to go for an all out attack."

"There we have it," Gravelyn said. "Ambush the chaos forces. Then find Gomfalion and Gamzati. Look for answers on Drakath's plan."

"As you wish, empress," Chizet bowed.

Later outside Shadowfall, Chizet and Kitri prepared the seven hundred soldiers to march to Mount Doomskull.

"Gomfalion has gone to Mount Doomskull," Chizet announced. "and he brought Gamzati with him. We have to follow them, apparently they are being attacked by a lot of chaos forces... Go! Now!"

And they marched all the way toward the mountain.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Back at Mount Doomskull....

Gomfalion cut a chaos soldier with his sword. Aether pounced at the soldier and began eating it up.

"Well, I think that makes the last one... For now," Gomfalion said. "Eat up, Aether. We'll wait for you."

Gamzati sheathed her dagger. "That ends it. Keep walking, we're nearly there."