Rebirth

"Fight, alliance! Fight! More! More! More!" Chizet roared. "Do not back down! Keep attacking! GO!"

The knight of the alliance continued to hold back the chaos army as much as they could. Reinforcements of chaos had overflown the dragon's lair, and the portal of the reinforcements had not closed.

"...there's too many of them!"

"...we can't hold them back for long!"

"...when will they run out of soldiers?"

"DO NOT BACK DOWN!" Gravelyn commanded. "WE HAVE TO HOLD THEM BACK NO MATTER WHAT!"

Gamzati exited the cave, calling out to the alliance. "Gomfalion has reached the object! We have to retreat before anything destructive happens!"

"No! We can't retreat now!" Kitri said. "Fight until your last breath, even though all hope is gone!"

Gamzati fearfully unsheathed her sword. "Damn it... We're gonna die."

Just when all hope was lost...

A fireball landed from the sky on a small portion of the chaos army, burning them to ash. The alliance army looked up, and they saw fire mages in red robes and golden belts, flying on black wings.

"Pyromancers and flaming angels!" the leader announced. "Ignite the battlefield! Burn down the legion of chaos!"

The fire mages began to shoot down and attack. Gamzati looked up and smiled. "Ahmes! You're back!"

"Hahaha! I always make such a good entrance!" Ahmes said. "The alliance can retreat, Gravelyn. We got this covered."

"Th-thank you, Ahmes," Gravelyn said. "Warriors! Fall back!"

"Kitri, Chizet, and I can stay here and assist Ahmes," Gamzati said. "You can head back with Gonvar."

Gravelyn and Gonvar headed back to Shadowfall along with the rest of the army. Kitri, Chizet, and Gamzati stayed behind with Ahmes.

"We need to do this quickly," Kitri said. "Gomfalion has obtained the object within the lair."

"That shouldn't be our goal," Ahmes said. "Every chaos lord is destined to raise a chaos beast. That has been the natural flow ever since the first to twelfth chaos lord. We must leave it be."

"He's summoning a chaos beast?" Gamzati asked.

"I think that could be obvious at this point," Ahmes replied.

"That is quite true, though," Chizet said. "As soldiers of evil, our only goal must be to destroy the chaos legion and close the reinforcement portal."

"I'll head to the portal and burn it down as fast as I can," Ahmes said. "You three help out with my army."

"Got it," Gamzati said.

Ahmes flew his way to the portal, where the endless chaos forces had been charging. He extended his arms and burned down the soldiers exiting the portal, and afterwards he aimed at the portal itself.

"AAAAAAAARRRRGHH!" Ahmes yelled. "GEEZ, THIS IS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT!"

Slowly, the portal began to disintegrate inch by inch. The soldiers that passed by the portal were burned to ash in seconds.

"AHH, THIS IS PAINFUL," Ahmes said to himself. "COME ON, JUST CLOSE ALREADY."

The portal began to shrink ever so slowly. Inch by inch it shrank, until nothing was left. Ahmes dropped his arms in exhaustion.

"Damn, that was painful," Ahmes said. He flew back to the remaining forces.

"Pyromancers! Fly up here and let's finish them off!" Ahmes announced. The mages flew up on top of the chaos forces. "Kitri, Gamzati, Chizet, you might want to get out of there."