Conquest of the Dragon's Lair

With the major cities of Lore such Willow Creek, Doomwood, and Darkovia destroyed, Gomfalion had only a few more cities to destroy until he finally obtained what he needed. He had been longing to find a very important object, located at the dragon cave called Vasalkar Lair. He then proceeded to fulfill his conquest. But there were some obstacles that he forgot to consider.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A man walked to peek out the window of a room, with men behind him. He was in a flaming red robe, and a golden belt wrapped around him. He wielded a blade ignited with fire.

"We've been in hiding for quite long, and I feel it has been long enough," the man said. "It's about time we take revenge against chaos for killing our past leader."

The mages behind him began to cheer.

"Our eternal flame WILL stand a chance. We will pulverize the forces of chaos!" the man exclaimed. "It's about time we assist the alliance once again. After all, it's been quite long since you people sent me to Swordhaven to assist Gomfalion and his friends. Now it seems Gomfalion himself has fallen into chaos. Are you ready to burn them down, my fellow mages?"

"YES!"

"Then let's get to it. I've tracked their footsteps. They're headed for the dragon's lair."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A day later after the attack at Darkovia, Kitri and Gamzati managed to arrive at Shadowfall. They immediately rushed to Gravelyn, who was sitting on her throne with her red blade beside her.

"Empress! Darkovia has been defeated!" Gamzati said. "We tried to help, but nothing was able to work out. Queen Safiria is dead, and the lycans have retreated."

"And once again Gomfalion wins the battle," Gravelyn said in disappointment. "It's alright, you two. We still have to prepare the alliance for our biggest mission yet."

"Biggest mission?" Kitri asked.

All of a sudden, Gonvar headed to the room. "Yup," he said. "They're headed for the dragon's lair. Gomfalion intends to break through and steal this important object that I don't even know about."

"What? Where did you get this information?" Gamzati asked.

"I've overheard them on my way here," Gonvar said. "I nearly passed by them while I was travelling. Luckily, I was able to hide. Then I heard Gomfalion announce that they would steal the item."

"I see," Gamzati said.

"And for you, Gamzati, I have a surprising task for you," Gravelyn said with a smirk. "YOU will lead the charge of the Shadowscythe and the Undead Legion. You're now our general, now that Gomfalion had turned to the opposing side."

Gamzati was left in shock. "Th-Thank you, my empress. I will do the job well."

"Now, lets get moving!" Gravelyn said. "I will come with you people."

"And me!" said a voice from behind. It was Chizet. "No one's going to a fight without me!"

"Then let's get to it!" Kitri exclaimed. "Now, we WILL stop the chaos army from destroying the dragon's lair!"