Chapter 4

Melodys' POV

After my encounter with Harry, I've been thinking about it all 4th period. He seemed worried about Ashton. And what I told him, 'Who said he has to know?'.. WHAT?!?! He should know, but Ashton would just loose his temper and blame Harry for us being partnered up . It's not his fault. Its Mrs. Vieux's fault! Ughh! I don't know if I should tell him or not.

Anyways, I'm trying to pay attention to my biology teacher, but it is almost impossible with all this shit running through my mind. Soon enough, the bell rings, ending the day at Clearwater High.

As I collect my things and head for the door, I see Ashton leaning up against the door frame. I pick my pace up a little and he wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me on the cheek.

"Hey, babe." he greets me.

"Hey," I say, pushing my recent thoughts out of my head, "can we go to your house?" I ask, wanting to talk to him. Alone.

"Of course, babe. And my parents wont be home 'til 8," he says with a playful wink. "What time do you want me to pick you up?" he questions.

"Oh, well I was wondering if we could go now..." I say as I put on my award winning puppy dog face.

"Well I have practice soon.' he says, but after about a second or two of him standing there staring at my upset face, he reconsiders. "Actually, we haven't much alone time anymore. I'll just skip this one practice." He finishes reassuringly.

"Are you sure, babe? I know how much that team means to you." I feel bad for his change of plans basically forced by me.

"Yeah, babe. I'll just tell Coach that I wasn't feeling well. And besides, you mean more to me than football." He says as he leans in to kiss me. Our lips come in contact with one another, and I feel the fire that I have grown used to inside of me. Only this time, it feels.. almost... weaker.

***

In the car, his right hand rests on my thigh, while his left stays on the wheel. I trun the radio up to try and avoid any conversation about todays classes until we get to his house. As I turn it up, Daughtrys' song 'Waiting for Superman' comes on. "Ohhh! I love this song!" I say in a sing songy voice.

"Ha-ha, I can tell, babe" he shouts over the loud music. "Can we just turn it down a bit?" he says, turning it down so it softly plays in the background.

"Yeah, sorry." I'm a bit confused and disappointed. He never does that. He would usually sing along, even if he didn't know the words. He's probably still a little aggravated from todays lunch, or having to miss practice because of me.

"Don't be sorry, hun. I'm just not in the mood." he says with a straight face and serious tone.

As we arrive at his house, I get out and wait for him to follow me to his front door. He reaches for his key and opens the door, letting me in first and entering after me.

He shuts the door and I put my things on his couch. He walks over to the kitchen "Do you want anything?" he asks, opening some cabinets but closing them after being unsatisfied with what there was. He then opens the refrigerator.

"No, I'm fine. I just wanted to hangout with you. We don't do that too often anymore." I say in a childish voice while making a puppy dog face and walking up to him, hugging him from behind.

"Ok, babe" he chuckles, turning around and pecking me on the forehead, "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, maybe play video games, or go for a swim. Anything, as long as we're together."

"I could go for a swim, but you don't have a bathing suit here." he reminds me. Oh shit, right. I could go in my bra and underwear. I just hope that Ashton doesn't mind.

"That's fine." I say with a smirk on my face, making my way to his back door, sliding it open. He's right behind me with a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

Ashtons pool his huge. It is about ten feet deep in the deep end, it had a rock wall with a beautiful waterfall and a bubbling Jacuzzi. As I step onto the patio surrounding the pool, I start to get nervous butterflies in my stomach. Ashton and I have been together for about five months now, and he respects the fact that I would like to take things slow, and not just jump right into everything, and I love him for that. The most we've done is make out with each other until we were out of breath, or at least until someone interrupted us. But why not spice things up once in a while?

I start to take off my purple Aeropostale shirt and my dark blue AEO jean shorts and quickly dive into the water, not wanting Ashton to look at me. My splash followed by a slightly louder one. Rising above the water, I feel Ashtons arms slip around my waist from behind. In a swift movement, he spins me around so my blue eyes meet his hazel ones for what seems like the first time.

"You're beautiful, Melody," he whispers, tucking a strand of my wet black hair behind my ear, " and you don't have to hide from me anymore." he finishes, leaving small kisses on my neck trailing up to my lips.

He pulls away as he takes a deep breath, then tugs me under water. Once I open my eyes, his lips come in contact with mine once again.

We stay like this for about 15 seconds until we run out of breath and have to resurface.

As we come back up, Harry sneaks back up into my mind. And stays, like the Plague. I told Harry that Ashton wouldn't need to know about us being partnered up together, but he does need to know. I can't lie to Ashton, and I can't hurt Harry.

Is it considered lying if I don't tell Ashton? Nahh. It can't be.

_________________

*AUTHORS NOTE*

sorry, its been about a week and I haven't updated. this longer chapter hopefully makes up for it :) please

READ

VOTE

COMMENT ( I love reading them :) )

AND FOLLOW!!

I love having new readers and fans!

like always, if you have any ideas you want to throw into the story, inbox me and we'll see what we can do!!

I LOVE YOU ALL! <3333

- DESTINEE <333