Chapter 12

Melody's P.O.V.

Not too long after Harry told me his heart shattering story, I decided that it was best of me to go home.

When I got there, I put on some big comfy sweatpants and one of Ash's sweatshirts that I have. Seeing as I'm always home alone because my parents are always off on business trips or just random vacations, I thought it best to order Chinese food (with their money) and watch a movie in the living room.

After ordering my food, I picked a sad but romantic move: The Vow. Just as I was about to put the movie in, my phone started ringing a certain ringtone I have for a certain person. I know I should probably answer, but I really just want to sit down and not have to think about the outside world for about 90 minutes. So I let the phone ring.

The movie started, and the tears I have been holding in from Harry's story, me and Ash's fight, knowing what happens in the end of this movie... everything in general... came pouring out. I start thinking about how much I love Ashton, but he doesn't want to give me the time I need for things. I start thinking about Harry and how I couldn't be there for him when he lost his closest friend.

All this thinking doesn't help as more tears stream out of my eyes. What makes it all worse is that my phone starts ringing that annoying ringtone for the 6th time, signaling Ash really wants to talk. Once again I don't answer, letting him reach my voicemail.

---

About 20 minutes have passed, and my tears have subsided as they left my makeup in their wake, letting it be known that I was crying.

My door bell rings and I get up, get the money I left on the counter and head over to the door, just wanting to have food that will make me happy. Before opening the door, I wipe as much of the stained makeup off as I can.

Before I can even reach for the door knob, it swings open and the person who walks in upsets me because they aren't carrying my food. Instead, it's Ashton.

"Baby, please just listen to me." he says calmly as he steps further into my house. I ignore him, as I go back to my movie. I try and pay attention and listen to the movie, but I can't hear anything over his pleading and apologizing.

"Baby, please! I'm so so so so sorry about last night! And whatever Harry told you--" he gets cut off as the doorbell rings again. I hope to god that this is my food.

I hold up my finger, signaling him to wait as I take my money and go back to the door.

When I come back, I place the food on the counter and head into the living room.

"Baby, come on. Please just forgive me. What ever Harry saw, it didn't mean ANYTHING!" he says, starting to sound aggravated.

I shake my head as I turn to him. "What do you mean 'Whatever Harry saw'? Harry didn't tell me anything." His eyes turn wide as he tries to change the subject.

He looks around the room as if what he should say next is painted across my wall. "Baby, nothing happened! I was over reacting, and I thought you hated me because you weren't answering. That's all." he says, a sly smile residing on his face as he steps closer to me.

"If you don't tell me what Harry was supposedly saw, then I'll just call him!" I start yelling, backing away as I get my point across.

"Babe! It's nothing, everything is gonna be alright. I promise." He argues with me.

"I guess it's alright if a call Harry and ask him myself then!" I spit, my voice still raised. I grab my phone off the arm of the chair and find his contact and hit call.

"Why do you even have his number? I though I said I don't want him taking to you!" he yells, just making me want to cry. Why is he yelling at me? He should begging for my forgiveness right now!

I take my phone out, and dial his number. Ashton is on the verge of screaming as the phone rings in my ear, Harry picks up on the third ring.

"Well, hello Ms. Blume. How can I help you?" He asks, trying to sound posh.

"Hi, I'm sorry to bug you, but Ashton is here and said that you know something, but it's just you being delusional. Do you think you could tell me, because Ash won't fess up." I don't mean to sound this way, but I can already feel tears well up in my eyes as I bite the inside of my lips to hold them back.

"Are you sure you want me to tell you?" he says after a moment of dead silence on his end.

"Please, Harry." I sniffle, as the tears start rolling down my face, again.

He takes a deep sigh as he starts to tell me.

---

Ashton's P.O.V.

Her face shatters. She says goodbye to Harry, drops her phone, gets up, and runs. I quickly get up and follow her as I try and think if more things to say. She makes it to her room and slams the door and locks it as I just stand there.

I stand there and think of how horrible of a person I am. I stand there and think of how I could have made this beautiful girl happy. I stand there and think of how I broke such a small independent girl whose life looked to valiant and strong. I honestly don't know why I did what I did.

---

About an hour has passed and I haven't moved from outside her door, when I notice that the sobbing from her room had subsided. I tried knocking on the door and calling her name a few times, but to no avail.

All of a sudden, I hear a car engine start. I jump up from my place bedside her door and run downstairs and out the door. Before it's out of sight, I see Melody's car drive down the sreet. She must have climbed out the window and down the rope ladder she got.

I decide it best to just go back to my house and give her some more time to think.

Melody's P.O.V.

"He hooked up with someone last night at the party.."

"Thank you. Goodbye." I mumble as my phone slips out of my hand. It's inevitable, the tears won't stop. I take this moment to run up to my room to try and re-think this whole situation.

With Ashton hot on my trail, I slam and lock my door so he can't come in. I run to my bed and cuddle with one of the many stuffed animals he got me. I desperately wish that I could just sit here and have the world carry on with out me, but I know that won't be an option.

With the sobs still pouring from my mouth, I get up off the bed and take all his stuffed animals he got with me. I bring them over to my trash can, and because the can is too small, they are just sort of scattered around it.

--

After about an hour of collecting his stuff to get ready to give back to him (or burn), I needed a break. I put everything down and grabbed a rope ladder I hide under my bed incase of the 'occasional' sneaking out. I took the ladder and climbed out the window with nothing but me and my keys.

I get to my car and decided that anywhere was better than here. So I went to the place I knew would upset him the most. Harry's.

*******

A/N

Hey!! I'm sorry for the long updates!! I'm trying to make them longer and faster updates, but it only seems to be working one way.

I'd LOVE some feedback! if you want, you can recommend this to your friends.

Don't forget to vote, and comment!

And if you EVER need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to message me!!

Thank you so much for staying with me! It means the world!! Whoopie !' 600+ reads!!!