Chapter 6

Melodys' POV

"BZZZZ! BZZZZ!" Ugh! I don't want to wake up! My bed and I just fell back in love. I slam me alarm clock turning off the alarm.

"BZZZZ! BZZZZ!" What the? I thought I shut it off. I slap it again, when I realize my alarm clock doesn't make that sound. It usually wakes me up with the radio. I slowly sit up in bed, not wanting to open my eyes this early in the morning.

Eventually I give into my restlessness and open my eyes, locking them onto my clock.

12:54 pm

"Oh, shit!" I mutter to myself. I have to get to cheer practice at 1:15. That gives me about 5 minutes to get ready and about 15 to get to the school gym, when in reality it takes 25 minutes. I quickly jump out of bed and run into the bathroom across the hall. I use the facilities, brush my hair and teeth, and apply light make-up. When I'm finished, I run back into my room and put on some clean red cheer short and a white t-shirt, school colors, and pull my long wavy black hair up into a high ponytail while running out the door with my gym back slung around my arm. I start my car, really wishing I could stop at Dunkins for a nice iced coffee.

Of course, on the way I hit every red light possible, so I make the decision to call Tiffany and let her know I'll be 20 minutes late for practice.

The phone rings three times before she answers "Mel, where the hell are you?!" she yells into the receiver.

"I'm so sorry Tiff! I woke up like 10 minutes ago. I'm in the car now, but every light I hit is red. I wont be there for another 20." I say.

"It's OK. Just realize that we have a competition next week and we need you at every practice; sick, dying, whatever OK?" she repeats for what seems like the 500th time.

"OK, it wont happen again!" I shriek as a squirrel runs in front of my car. "See you soon." I finish, and hang up. She was my best friend, but she can be a little lecturing at times. And now was not a good time for a lecture.

I'm sat at a red light, what a shock, when my phone lights up with another notification, and I remember that I still haven't looked at my other ones from this morning. I unlock my phone and I have 4 Facebook messages, 3 missed calls, 2 voice mails and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Damn, did something happen that I slept right through! All 3 calls are from Ash, but he only left 2 voice mails. I call my voice mail and listen:

First Voice mail;

'Hey baby, I just wanted to call and say Good Morning, and I love you so much!"

Second Voice mail;

"Oh! And don't forget about Mikey's party tonight! I'll pick you up at 7pm."

End of Voice mails.

He finishes off the last voice mail with a cute chuckle while his accent still lingers in my mind. Now I'm sitting in my car with a cheesy smile on my face.

The light turns green, and I decide to check the other messages later.

_

I just arrived at the school and sprint into the gym. All the girls and the one boy stare at me as I enter, making me feel awkward. Placing my things down, I begin to stretch 'Feel the burn Melody!' I say to myself, motivating me to stretch further.

When I finish stretching, I join in with the rest of the team on some stunts. There are four people that make up a stunt group; the flyer, the back, and the two bases. The back holds the ankles of the flyer while the bases hold the feet.

I'm a flyer, so I go to my group which consists of Mark, Sandra and Tina. Mark is gay and has been on the cheer team since day one and pushed past all the bullying by going to the gym. He takes all his anger out on a punching bag instead of a bully, which I praise him for. Sandra is a mega bitch. I try to stay on her good side in case she just doesn't want to catch me on my way down from a stunt. And Tina, she's just here for the sport. No drama, nothing.