Shock

EVE

I heard what Heath had said, then everything changed, the atmosphere the feeling, the emotions, and my heart.

I cried, yelling Heath's name, begging Jen to let me go. I yelled and yelled.

"Heath, good choice..." Zack smirked once again.

My stomach flipped, making me double over sharply.

"Heat....please...don't do...this." I begged through ragged breaths, banging on the door.

Suddenly the door opened and Zack smiled at me, while Heath stood blank, his eyes clouded over, as he avoided eye contact with me.

"You are a feisty one, trying to stay with Heath, I don't know if you remember, but to him all you are is his billion dollar deal, the girl he knew he wouldn't get if he didn't BUY you, just remember that. Whereas I know I can have you with out having to pay." He teased running his pointer finger down my chin, which was covered in tears.

"I don't care! We love each other! And you will never have me!" I yelled angrily spitting in his face.

"Oh but ask Heath yourself." He gestured with his hand to a rock hard faced Heath.

"Heath...?" I whimpered hopelessly.

"Eve...you know I love you...more than anything in the world...but I want you to be safe..-" he whispered.

"And you think I will he safe in the hands of Zack!?" I yelled shocked.

"I don't ask for this Eve! I tried! I tried to keep you safe..." He yelled. "...but you not when your with me...please, just do as your told." Then he walked slowly towards me. Then looking into my eyes he kissed me on the lips gently his tears trickled onto my face, I cried into him. When he pulled away reluctantly. "Eve...you will always be more than a billion dollar deal to me....your my Evie." He whispered, then ran down the hall and out of sight.

I suddenly felt a mix of emotions, sadness, anger, shock, then loneliness, but most of all shock. I knew I love Heath, but right now, the words "Eve, the billion dollar deal" echoing in my mind.

Maybe I was just a billion dollar person. It sounded bazaar but true...