Emotions

HEATH

After a day of apartment hunting I just wanted to collapse, I didn't understand how Eve and Lucy kept going to be honest! They were chatting on and on about what they liked, I just trailed along behind.

So I just asked questions and looked around when we went looking around with assistants, where as, Lucy and Eve were jumping on the beds testing the bath and checking most rooms had mirrors, worst of all they asked for booklets, in the end we, well they had 15 booklets to do with the area, the apartment and maps. I huffed and apologised for the mess they made in every where we looked.

"Heath which did you like?" Eve asked linking her arm through mine.

"All of them, really it's up to you two." I replied smiling softly.

"But we need a vote, so please!" Lucy begged walking backwards so she could see us.

"Hmm, I liked the one near the Eiffel Tower, I thought it was elegant and had a beautiful view." I told them.

"Yes!" Eve exclaimed jumping to Lucy. "So that's sorted we move away to there tomorrow I hope." Eve said hopefully.

"Eve...it takes more than a day to move in." I told her frowning as we walked to the door of Lisa's cottage.

"Oh well as soon as we can." She replied looking irritated.

Suddenly the door opened and Lisa appeared.

"Dinner, if you want it." She said emotionless.

"We already ate." Eve jumped in quickly.

"Oh, well was your viewing successful?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, we are buying a place tomorrow." Lucy smiled walking up the steps and pulling Eve and I with her.

"Oh, well hope it goes well." She replied her voice sounding bored.

"Bye." Lucy smiled pulling us into her bed room and shutting the door.

"What was that all about?" I asked confused.

"I didn't want to give too much away I mean they might wanna visit, or something." She said simply, as she packed her stuff.

"Well you sounded kind of rude." I told her.

"Oh lighten up! Pack your stuff and have a laugh Heath!" She exclaimed throwing socks in her bag.

"No! Lucy it's bad enough that my brother is after the only girl I've ever loved, but not only that we are hiding from him, but, not only that, this is the one time in my life I've been protective over someone and someone is trying to ruin it! So don't tell me to 'lighten up', because you need to see the truth, as this isn't a vacation, this is me, trying to save something I love!" I shouted my eyes watering.

I looked at Eve who was staring at me in wonder as her eyes watered, I hope with happiness.

With that I stormed out the room.

EVE

Oh my, did he really mean all that, and was it really all about me?

"Eve, are you okay?" Lucy asked. I turned to face her.

"No, you upset him! You know what we are going through...I'm going to find him." I replied frowning at her with anger.

"I'm sorry Eve." She said sadly.

"Bye." I whispered, then ran out the door to find Heath.

*******

EVE

I'd looked everywhere, absolutely everywhere. I couldn't find him, but when I lost all hope I saw him slumped on an oak tree, with his eyes closed.

I walked slowly over to him and sat next to him, I placed a hand under his chin and pulled it up to face me.

"Heath?" I whispered, looking into his raw red eyes. "I've never seen you cry..." I told him lightly.

"Thats because I've never loved anyone like I love you..." He replied his voice croaky.

"Really...?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Really really." He smiled weakly.

"Don't cry, Heath look I know this is hard for me and you, I want to kill Zack for what he's putting us through, but drowning yourself in worry isn't going to help you, you need to think on the positive-" I told him.

"There is no positive-" he started but I cut him off.

"Then we will find one." I smiled teasingly. "I'm not going to let you dwell." I added before he kissed me gently. I kissed him back, trying to tell him I love him.

I did love him too much it's untrue.

******

ZACK

"Father you said the contract applies no matter what!?!" I exclaimed at my half asleep father.

"I had it dismissed! You had your chance, I told you many times to find a wife! Your brother got there first! I'm not going to ruin his life, unlike you did! You ruined both our lives, and I'm not going to just give you everything son! Find a different wife." He told me sternly.

"No! I will make that contract legal again, no matter what." I stomped my foot. Then shoved past my sleepy dad, and stormed down the spiral stairs.

Slamming the door behind me I left the big house, and called a taxi.

There was no way I was going to let Eve and Heath get away!

*******

EVE

Once Heath had calmed down and let his tears out, we walked back to the house, luckily he hadn't gone far, because my eye lids were getting heavy.

"I'm tired." I slurred just as my knees buckled.

"Eve!" Heath exclaimed, catching me as quick as he could.

"Thanks, carry me please?" I asked quietly.

"Okay baby." He replied lovingly as he picked me up gently.

Cradling me against his chest he walked me home, just as we got inside my eyes fell shut like someone was pulling my eyes and forcing them shut.

"Night my Evie." I heard Heath's distant voice, as he laid me down.

Then blackness engulfed me, pulling me into a dream free sleep.

******

HEATH

"Eve, Eve wake up." I whispered in Eve's ear. Her face looked so peaceful, her chest moving up and down as she hopefully dreamed happy dreams. Her mouth parted slightly, I couldn't help my self. I bent down toward her, and touched my lips to her, she moaned in her sleep as I kissed her soft mouth.

"Heath.." I heard her moan. Then her eyes opened and she pulled away reluctantly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, would you want to come with me to give an offer for the apartment?" I apologised.

"Would I! Yea I sure would." Her eyes lit up as she jumped elegantly out the bed, well the sofa and foot stool.

"Cool get ready!" I smiled surprised at her eagerness.

Wow there were too many emotions going round between me Eve Lucy Lisa and Jerome, it was hard to keep up with it all!