Chapter 7

"It's about your sister, Zara" she begins. I nod and feel the tears coming up. "She ehm, didn't make it" she says. My whole life falls apart. My sister is dead. "She what?" I ask quietly. I can't believe it. "She is dead" my mother says quietly again. I am frozen, no idea what I have to say or to do.

"I-i, excuse me." I run as fast as I can to my room and see Shawn sitting on my bed. I run to him and give him a hug, he holds me very tight. "Hey what's wrong?" he rubs over my back. "Z-zara is d-dead" I say and look in his eyes.

"She what?" he has tears in his eyes. "Oh my god Lisa come here." He holds me tighter than before. I feel so safe in his arms. I have the feeling my whole life just stops when he holds me. "I-i don't know what to do, what for dress do I need to wear and oh my god the funeral, the speech and-." "Lisa sstt." He looks in my eyes and caresses my cheek with his thumb. "I'm here for you, always."

I look at his lips. They are so perfect. Lisa stop, he is your best friend. My best friend. "I know, thank you" I say quietly. "For what?" I look down at the ground when he asks it. He lifts my chin up. "Hey, for what?" "For always being here for me." "Always silly." I get a smile on my face. He always makes me happy.

"I need to go now Shawn, we are going to the mortuary." "Okay well, be strong okay? If there is something that botherings you just call me." I nod. "I will thanks!" He gives me a kiss on my forhead and walks to my balcony. "See you later Lisa!" I wave at him for the last time. "See you later" I say quietly.

My parents and I are on our way to the mortuary. Shawn decided to stay at home, I begged him to come with me but he didn't want it, well okay I get it.

We arrive at the mortuary. I take a deep breath and walk inside. There are different rooms in here. We walk past two other rooms so that means two different people in a coffin. It gives me chills.

We are walking to my sister her coffin. I smile when I see her. She looks so beautiful without all the pain. I grab her hand but it's cold as ice. "Hey sis" I say with tears in my eyes. "I know you can here me from heaven" I smile.

She wears a white dress, beautiful makeup and jeweliers. She looks like a princess. I look at her, so this is it, I have to live without my sister. No more jokes, fightings, discussions, time together. It's all the past.

"I need to go sis, see you soon I promise you that" I say with tears falling over my cheeks. I let go of her hand and turn around for the last time, just like I did at the hospital.

I'm waiting in a hall with a cup of tea, my parents wanted to be alone with Zara so that's the reason I left. Suddenly I get a message from Shawn. 'Hey, everything okay there?' I smile at my phone. 'Yes, just emotional.' One second later I have a message back. 'So that means movie night?' 'Movie night it is' I answer.

My parents enter the hall. "When is the funeral?" I ask quietly. "In 4 days, so we need to buy you a dress" she says. She has cried, but yes that's normal, her daughter died. I have no idea how mom is going to survive this and my dad? Well, I have no idea. "We are going back to home" she says. I give her a little nod and follow her to the car.

I grab my earphones and listen to music. It makes my head empty, thinking about life.

The whole ride it's quiet. My dad and mom don't speak to each other and the radio isn't on. I sigh and look through the car window, it's raining. I get a smile on my face, Zara loved rain.

I head as fast as I can to my room and Shawn is already there. "Hey, how was it?" I shrug. "You need to cry don't you?" I shrug again but this time with tears in my eyes.

He comes near me, gives me a hug and a kiss on my forhead. "It's going to be alright, darling." I nod. "Eventually." "Are we going to watch a movie or what?" I ask. "Let's go."

He walks to my bed and let himself fall on the bed. "Come here" he opens his arms for me. I jump in it. He gets a huge smile on his face. "So glad to call you my best friend" he says. "You aren't my best friend?" I say seriously. He raises his eyebrow. "What?" "You heard me."

He smirks and tickles me. "S-shawn! Stop!" I laugh. "Why? We aren't best friends right?" "Shaaawn! Stop!" I laugh harder. I hit him a couple of times with my pillow but he is too strong.

I lay my hands on his chest, it gives him goosebumps. His heart is beating as crazy. Finally he stops. "My turn" I say quietly. I hit him with my pillow and he falls of the bed. I laugh and get out of bed.

I sit on his stomach and tickle him. "Lisa, I'm not sensitive for this" he says.

I lay my thumb on his scar and rub over it. "Beautiful" I say in myself. "What?" he says. "Ehm nothing" I say quickly. Fuck, he heard it. He smiles and lays his hands on my waist.

I look in his beautiful eyes, he gets a huge smile on his face. His teeth are brigther than my whole future. "When did you have your first kiss?" he asks. I look down at the ground. "Lisa?" I still don't give him an answer. "Oh my god! You've never kissed?!" "Stop okay" I say ashamed.

He smiles. "Maybe we need to change that."

He pushes me off his stomach so that I lay under him. He strikes my hair, I lay on the ground with him above me.

His head comes closer. Is he going to be my first kiss? My best friend?