Chapter 9

I wake up because someone is giving me a kiss on my forhead. "Mmhmm" I say sleepy. I feel Shawn is still laying in the couch so I lay my arms around his waist. "Hey gorgeous" he whisper. It makes me blush. He is going through my hair. And yes, the candles are out.

"I thought we were going to have a movie night" I say quietly. "Do you still want that?" I nod. Apparently it's 2 am so we can still have that movie night. "You are tired Lisa don't force yourself to watch movies, get some rest." "Nooo" I hold him tighter.

I feel Shawn is looking at me, it isn't bothering me I'm used to it. "Shawn continue with tickling me, it feels good." I hear him quietly laughing and he continues.

"This place is so amazing, this is just what I needed, to get away from all the stress with my mother etc" he says. I want to look at him but I'm too lazy. "If someting is bothering you tell me okay? I'm always here for you." He gives me a kiss on my forhead. "I know Lisa, you're the only person who is always here for me, I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

His words makes me emotional, I don't know but how he is saying it is so beautiful. "Shawn I want to watch a movie so how about: The Last Song?" "Is it a romantic movie?" I nod. "Ugh, fine but I only watch it for you!" I smile and look at him.

My eyes are staring at his lips and he is seeing it. "Y-you should start the movie" he swallows. I nod and walk in silence to the television.

We are eating and drinking and watching the movie, well at least I'm watching because Shawn is only eating. Sometimes he looks at me and then I look at him and then he looks away, it's so cute.

"H-he is d-dead" I say with tears falling over my cheek. "Hey, it is only a movie, chill." He gives me a hug and holds me thightly. "It's just a movie" he says quietly again.

My heart is beating so fast and I think Shawn can hear it. "Always when you're nervous or sad your heart always beats faster" he says. Wait what? How does he know that? "Ehm? How do you know that?" I ask. He shrugs. "I know everything, you're my best friend and I always hold you when you're sad or nervous." Okay he has a point, he is always doing that.

"Your right." "I'm always right" he winks. I give him a friendly push. "Not always" I whisper. I stand up and want to walk away but he grabs my hand and pulls me back to his chest. "I'm always right babe" he whispers in my ear.

I swallow and look at him. "Y-your right" I swallow again. He gives a kiss on my forhead. I stand up and this time I can walk away. This was so strange, I wanted to kiss him, but I can't he is my best friend I have to focus on other boys.

I head to the kitchen to grab more food because Shawn and I ate everything. I grab M&Ms, Snickers and also crisps. This is enough.

I head back to the living room and place the food on the table. Where is Shawn? I look around but see him nowhere.

I walk to outside and see someone sitting at the lake. Shawn? There are so many stars and there is a full moon.

I slowly walk to the person who is sitting at the lake. I lay my hand on his shoulder and he turns around. Thank god it's Shawn. "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask. He looks at me. "I just wanted to think" he shrugs.

I take a seat right next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. "Thinking about what?" "Everything, how much I enjoy life at the moment, how much I love you, just everything." I look at him and hug him. "You already know I love you right?" I ask. He nods. "Of course I know that." I smile and give him a kiss on his cheek.

"It's so beautiful, so many stars, the moon." I lay my head on his thigh and he is playing with my hair. "Just as beautiful as you." I roll my eyes and he smiles. "Joke right?" "Who knows" he winks.

"A falling star!" I scream. "Lisa chill" he laughs. "Make a wish Mendes." He closes his eyes and I see him thinking. What is he going to wish? "Done, now you." Okay, I close my eyes and make my wish. "I wish that Shawn and I are friends forever" I say in my head. "Done?" "Done." He smiles and I lay my head back on his thigh.

It's around 5 am so that means the sun is coming up. We are still at the same spot we were 2 hours ago. Shawn is sleeping and I am still awake.

I love watching the sunrise, there are so many pretty colours. The sun in coming up and Shawn is getting awake. "Hey" he says quietly and rubs in his eyes. "How did you sleep?" "Good, you?" "I didn't sleep, someone had to protect you" I smile. He hugs me a gives me a kiss on my hair. "I need to protect you, you aren't supposed to protect me" he says. I shrug. "Well, I did, there are best friends for."

Together we are looking to the sky. We are still sitting at the lake. Birds are chirping, it's just more than perfect.

After watching the sunrise we are heading back to the cabin. "What are we going to do today?" I ask. "Ehm, how about going to take a swim." I nod and head to my room.

I'm searching for my bikini, I take off my clothes and stand in my underwear. Before I want to put on my bikini I turn around and see Shawn standing at the door.

"Well, that's something I didn't expect" and he comes closer..