Chapter 25

He turns around and looks at me. "Surprise!" he says and heads over me. "I didn't see this coming" I smile and give him a hug. "I know, it's been a while ago." "So?! Where is Veronica?" I ask and take a seat on my bed. "She is at home, I told her we are going to have a friends night" he winks.

I roll my eyes and give him a friendly push against his shoulder. "That's sweet of you." "Yea, I'm sweet, duh" he says. I give him a little smile and stand up. "What are you doing?" he asks. "Going downstairs to grab some popcorn and soda" I wink. "Sounds good."

I head downstairs and see my mom talking to a police officer. "Mom?" I ask quietly. "Hi honey" she says and I look at the man. "What is he doing here?" I ask carefully. "Ehm, it's about Lucas" he says. "What about him?" I ask. "He's been missing." "That's not possible, I was with him 4 hours ago." "His mother went to his room and he was gone, his window was open, he usually takes the front door." I take a seat and look at the officer. "This is all a misunderstanding, he will be home soon enough" I say and walk away.

I grab the popcorn and soda and head back to my room. "That took a while, something happened?" Shawn asks. I look at him and shake my head. "No" I fake smile and give him the popcorn. "So, what movie do you want to watch?" I ask. "How about Divergent, our favorite movie" he smiles. "Good old times" I say quietly.

"Hey, these times aren't gone. It's just, I have Veronica and you have Lucas." Lucas hates me and he is missing, so I don't have him anymore..

"You're right, so Divergent it is." He grabs my laptop and puts the movie on. I can't stop thinking about Lucas, what if he's really missing? Shouldn't I be looking for him? At least give him a call. "Eh, can you excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom" I say. "Okay, but hurry up!" Shawn says while eating his popcorn. I nod and head to the bathroom.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and scroll through my contacts till I see Lucas. I click on his name and call him. "Please, answer" I say to myself. After 10 seconds I get his voicemail. "Fuck." I call again but again his voicemail. I sigh and call again. This time I didn't get his voicemail, but he doesn't say a word. "Lucas?! I say quietly. Silence. "Lucas, where are you?!" I say with tears in my eyes. Still silence. "You should know that I lo-." And he hang up.

I run my fingers through my hair and let a tear go. Don't destroy this movie night with Shawn, that's what I keep telling myself. I take a deep breathe and head back to my room. "I almost thought you died in there" he laughs. I give him a little smile and take place on the bed.

While the movie is playing I get so tired and before I know I place my head on Shawn's chest. I see he's kinda surprised, but I can't blame him. I close my eyes and before I know I feel his arm around me. He gives a kiss on my forehead and pulls me closer to him.

I can't help it but my heart is beating so fast, I have never felt this way. He is doing something to me, but I can't explain it. "Lisa?" he says quietly. I slowly open my eyes and look at him. "W-what?" I say while yawing. "It's 2 am, I probably should get going." "Mhhm" I say and hold him tighter. I'm too tired to think what I'm actually doing.

"Lisa, I'm serious" he says quietly. "Can't you stay? You live 1 house away and your mom will understand" I say while closing my eyes again. "Fine, you're lucky that I like you." "Like me?" I say and look at him. "Yes? Of course, you're my best friend, it was weird if I didn't like you" he smiles. "You're right, my bad."

I wake up because of my alarm. "Shut up" I say and snooze it. That's the only thing I can do right, snoozing my alarm. "Good morning sunshine" I hear. I open my eyes and look at Shawn, who made breakfast for me. "I'm not a great cook but it is eatable" he smiles. I roll my eyes and he gives me the food. "Thanks" I say and eat.

"I have to go soon, Veronica and I are going to hangout" he says. I look at him and lay my food away, I'm not hungry anymore. "What?" he says. I shake my head. "Nothing" I lie.

I get up and head to my bathroom. "Lisa?" he asks. But I ignore him. "Lisa?! What's going on?" I turn the shower on and take a quick one.

I wash my hair and body and when I'm done showering I put my clothes on and walk back to my room. "Lisa, can you tell me why are you so mad?" I look at him and sigh. "I'm not mad, but you always spend time with Veronica and you kinda ditched me" I say quietly. "Yes, because you ditched me for Lucas!" he says loudly. "Because you ditched me for her!" I scream. I stand up and so does he.

"You ditched me first!" he screams back and takes a step closer to me. "You did! Now stop, we both know the truth Shawn" I say and take a step closer to him. "Sure, everything is my fault" he says quietly. I sigh and look at him. "I didn't even say that?! You're so weird!" I say and throw my hands in the air.

"I'm weird? You're the weirdest here" he says and I can feel his breath. I swallow and look at him. For a moment there is a long silence, we both look at each other.

"Maybe this is even more weirder than you" he says and kisses me..