Chapter 18

I keep looking at him. His beautiful eyes, his soft hair, his sweet laugh, I can't get enough of it. But I can't fall in love with my best friend we are only friends, not more. Okay maybe friends with benefit.

He lifts me up and we walk to his Jeep. I'm half sleeping and I feel Shawn's heartbeat, it's beating so fast. He lays me down in the back of his car and gives me a kiss on my forhead. "Sleep well" he says quietly.

When I open my eyes I lay in my own bed. I look right next to me and see Shawn is sleeping. I run my fingers slowly through his hair. It's so fucking soft. And he is only wearing his grey sweatpants. His back muscles, oh my god.

Shawn recieves a lot of messages and I look at them, they are popping up on his homescreen. "Lexi?" I say quietly in my head. Shawn slowly wakes up and opens his eyes. "Hey" he says with his morning voice. "Hey" I say as sweet as possible. He pulls me into a hug. "How did you sleep?" he moans. "I slept fine, you?" "Slept amazing." He keeps staring into my eyes, it makes a little bit uncomfortable.

After a 30 seconds he shakes his head and laughs. He grabs his phone and read Lexi her messages. He smiles like an idiot. "What's so funny?" I ask. "Nothing" he smiles again to his phone. "Mendes you better say to me what's funny." "No, I have to go, bye!" He stands up and gives me a kiss on my cheek.

Before I know he stands on his own balcony. Well, that was strange. It's 8 am, and school starts at 9 am, so I've to hurry.

I take a quick shower and put a summer dress on with white Adidas sneakers. I run to downstairs and make breakfast, normally Shawn is here too but he left so quickly. My dad is reading newspaper and my mom is on the phone. "Adios!" I say. "Bye Lisa!" my dad says.

I walk to Shawn's house but see there's someone else in his Jeep. What? I look closer and see it's Lexi. You have to be kidding me. I thought Shawn and I were in a good place right now. The way he laughs at her, makes my heart melt, he is too precious. I sigh and walk back inside. "Dad do you want to drive me to school?" "Where is Shawn." I roll my eyes and he knows enough. "Well, let's go then!" I smile and we walk to his car.

"Have an amazing day at school!" "Yes, it will be amazing, like always" I say fake smiling. I get out of the car and my dad is leaving. He waves at me and I wave back at him. I see Mandi so I walk to her.

"Hey!" she says, she gives me a hug. "Hey." "Wowow are you sick?! Where is Shawn?" "Lexi" I sigh. "Since when is he interested in Lexi?" "I have no idea."

Mandi and I talk a bit longer and then the bell rings. "Bye!" she says. "Bye!" I head to class and this is the class I sit next to Shawn, great.

"Hey" I say, but he doesn't pay attention to me, only to his stupid phone. "Yo Mendes?!" I say again. And again he is smiling to his phone. "I'm leaving" I say seriously. "Ok" is all he says. I feel my anger raising but also sadness.

I stand up and take a seat next to Melody. He doesn't even care that I'm gone. Finally we have lunch break, most of the time it's just Shawn and me but not this time. He sits with Lexi's friend. What does she have what I don't have?!

When the school day is over I walk back to home and sit in my room. I see Shawn is in his room, training. He looks so good.

He doesn't wear a shirt, he is sweaty as fuck and he's breathing so heavily. Before I know my mouth falls a little bit open. I keep staring at him and then he realizes I'm staring. He smiles and shakes his head.

I get up and walk to my balcony, Shawn does the same. "Hey" he says quietly. "Hey" I look down at the ground. There's a silence for a few seconds but then I hear Karen, Shawn's mom, screaming. "Shawn there's a girl for you!" I hear. "I can better go" I say quietly. Before he can say something I already left the balcony.

I close my balcony door and close the curtains. "I hate Lexi!" I scream. I let myself go on my bed and stare at the ceiling. "Why has she to destroy my life."

I open the curtains a little bit, not fully but enough for me to see Shawn. I see Lexi and Shawn sitting on his bed, making out. Does he have feelings for her? And what about me?

In the evening Shawn's family comes over. I always love that, but not now, because I don't want to see Shawn. I dress myself up and before I know the doorbell rings. I open the door and there stands the whole family. "Hey Lisa!" Karen says. "Hello Mrs. Mendes" I smile. "Come further." They walk into the house.

"Oh Karen and Manual!" my mother says. They are talking and Aaliyah sits on the couch and Shawn is busy with his phone. "Dinner is ready!" my mom says.

I take a seat and Shawn sits right next to me. There's a tension, not a good one. I don't look at him at all and say nothing. "So Lisa, you and Shawn don't hang out that much anymore, I miss you" Karen says. I smile at her. "Well, you can ask Shawn why we don't hang out anymore."

Karen looks at Shawn. "Shawn, what happened between you and Lisa?" He doesn't answer the question. "Shawn" Karen says again. "Excuse me" he says and stands up. "Let it go" Manual says. I nod and continue to eat my dinner.

When dinner is over my mom tells us to go upstairs, they have to talk about some 'adults' problems. Shawn and I head to my room. Oh and Aaliyah already went to her own house.

When we are in my room I close the door. "Look, I'm fine that you see Lexi, but you pretend I don't even exist!" He doesn't look at me, only at his phone. "Hello! I'm talking to you!" I say madly. He still doesn't look at me.

I grab his phone and now I've his attention. "Out, now!" I scream. He stands up and gives me a push against my shoulder so I fall.

"Thank God I can leave" is the last thing he says.