Chapter 22

"What?" I ask amazed. I turn around and look at him, but he doesn't look at me. "Didn't he tell you?" his mother asks. "No he didn't" I say and walk straight to the table. His mother and Shawn are talking and they keep looking at me.

"Hey" Veronica says and takes a seat right next to me. "Aren't you supposed to sit there with your boyfriend?" I ask. "Ah I see, someone is jealous" she winks. "I'm not jealous, I already have a boyfriend." "Yes, that Lucas boy, your ex, it's such a shame to go back to your ex, that's low, even for you" she says quietly to me and stands up. "I'm done here" I say and stand up.

I want to walk away but my mother stops me. "Don't go, you know how important this is for me." "Mom, I can't stand her! Have you even met her! She is evil itself!" "I bet it isn't that worse, so go back and eat your food." "Mom, I'm not in the m-." "Now!" she says strictly. I quickly nod and walk back.

I see that Veronica took place next to Shawn, better. "So Veronice, how did you and Shawn meet?" "Well, it was basically love at first sight" she says. I choke on my water and cough very hard. "Excuse me" I say and clear my throat. Shawn looks at me but I look down at the ground and continue to eat my food. "That's lovely, our daughter Lisa also has a boyfriend, Lucas." "Yes, I know, he is a lovely boy" she fake smiles. Oh god, I want to kill her so badly and she hasn't even seen him or doesn't even know him!

When dinner is over we all talk to each other, well everyone? Except for Shawn and me, we both haven't said one word. How can he date someone like Veronica, he knows how much I hate her. He keeps trying to make eye contact with me, but I don't look at him, I don't want to face him.

"Lisa, your so quiet, is everything okag?" Veronica asks. "Yes princess, everything is fine!" I say a little bit too loud. I feel my anger raising up, I can't stand her act anymore. "What time are we going back to your home?" I hear her asking to Shawn. "Soon, I promise" he smiles. She grabs his hands and interlocks fingers. I roll my eyes and look back at my mother, this is the longest evening ever..

"Bye everyone!" my mom, dad and I say. We wave at him and close the door. Thank God they are all gone. "Lisa, you need to stop being so rude to Veronica, she is a lovely and beautiful girl, you can learn something from her" my mother says. "You don't even know her mom! She is not nice, she is rude as fuck and thinks she is everything!" I scream. "To your room, now!" she screams louder. "Fine!" and I run to my room.

I close my door and let myself go on my bed. I look through my window and see Shawn's lights are on. I stand up and walk closer. He is making out with Veronica, great. I close my curtains and message Lucas if he can come over, but he is busy. Well, this day is a total disaster..

When I wake up I check my phone but I didn't get any messages. I yawn and get out bed. I open my curtains and see Shawn is sleeping with Veronica. Only the thought of them having sex hurts my mind, bleh. I open my window for fresh air and walk to the bathroom.

I take a quick shower and before I know Lucas is here. I don't have time to eat breakfast so I will eat something in school. "Hey gorgeous" he says and gives me a kiss. "Hey" I say. We walk to his car and come Veronica and Shawn across, they are the last persons I want to see. We hop into his car and I look through the window. "I'm sorry I didn't come over last night, I was super busy with school and.-" "It's okay, seriously, no worries" I give him a small smile. He nods and drives further.

"What class do you have?" he asks. "Economics, you?" "Geography" while he says that the bell rings. "Well, I have to go, bye hun" he says and gives a kiss on my forehead. I sigh and walk to my class.

I take a seat and then Veronica takes a seat right next to me. "Hello" she says but I ignore her. "I said something bitch." I stand up and walk to another seat. She looks bitchy at me and then the teacher enters the room. "Welcome everyone today we are learning about a volcano.."

When class is over I walk to a table, where Lucas is. "Hey" I say. "Hey." "What are you doing later this day?" I ask and sit down next to him. "Ehm, nothing, why?" "Do you want to hang out?" He looks at me. "I would love to" he smiles. I nod and talk further.

When school is over Lucas and I walk back to his car. I see Veronica and Shawn kissing with each other. "I can't stand her" I say to Lucas. "Wait, is that Veronica?!" he asks amazed. "Yes why?!" but he doesn't answer my questions, no, instead of that he walks to their direction.

"Veronica?" he says. She stops kissing Shawn and looks at him. "Lucas! Oh my god! Long time ago!" she says and gives him a hug. "What are you doing with her?" she points at me. Shawn doesn't say a word, he keeps looking down at the ground. "She is my girlfriend, Lisa." "Wait?! You date my cousin?!" she asks. "What?" I say and look at Lucas. "Veronica is my cousin."

"Why didn't you tell me you dated her" she says to Lucas. "I haven't seen you in ages! You have changed!" he says. "You know what" Veronica says.

"I think we should do something fun, just the four of us" she says. "I'm in" Lucas says. "Shawn?" she looks at Shawn. "Ehm, yes, why not?" he says. "Lisa?" Lucas says.

I have no idea what to answer right now..