Chapter 9

Kayla POV

Worry. Guilt. Sadness. These have been the only emotions I've felt in the last few hours. I can't believe I let Allison drive home. This is ALL my fault.

The doctor finally came out and we all rose to hear what he had to say.

"I have good and bad news."

I tried to hold back my tears.

"Allison is alive, but she has 5 broken ribs, a broken leg, a broken arm, a fractured shoulder, and minor to moderate brain damage. She could either not remember a lot or be perfectly fine, only time will tell."

"How long will she have to stay in the hospital?" Shawn questioned.

"Anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. But I hope she'll have a quick recovery, but even when she leaves she'll be in casts and have to be under careful watch."

I broke down. From relief she was alive, but just how pitiful she is. My best friend, the person who knows more about myself than I do, is terribly hurt because of me. I can't let this affect me and lead me through my dark depression again. I'm 327 days clean and I can't screw this up.

"Me and Shawn are getting food. Do you guys want anything?" Matt asked Cam and I.

"Yeah just bring us something." Cam replied.

It was just me and Cam left in the waiting room. He picked me up so I was sitting on him like a baby. He rubbed my back and just held me. It's what I needed.

He was rubbing my arms when he asked "How many days?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean." Cam said while rubbing my scars.

.

"327."

"Kayla, that is amazing. I'm so proud I you." And he kissed my scars.

"Cam...."

"Kayla, stay strong. I know this is hard but Allison needs you. I need you. She needs you here. I love you and care more about you than I do myself. Without you I wouldn't survive."

I smiled and went in for a kiss. It was just a peck at first, but then our mouths started moving in sync, exploring each other.

"I like kissing you." I said smiling at Cam.

"I like kissing you too."

And we started kissing again.

"Ehhh hmm" Matt coughed.

We broke apart our kiss and I got off of Cam. Shawn and Matt were both staring at us. I felt so awkward, I have history with all 3 of them and they all love me.

We heard the doctor approach.

"Kayla, Allison would like to see you now."

"Just me?"

"Just you."

I started walking with the doctor on the way to her room.

"I don't think she has any brain damage so she should be pretty normal minus her broken bones." The doctor said as I was stopped in front of her room.

I was so nervous to see her. I slowly stepped into her room.

Allison flashed me the best smile ever. That's when I knew she didn't have any memory loss. She always is so positive in every situation, one of the many reasons she's my best friend.

"Allison, I'm so sorry" I whispered breaking down. She pulled me in for a hug and we were hugging for what seemed like an hour. I pulled away and she wiped my tears off with her hand.

"Kayla, this isn't your fault at all. I promise. Even if it was I wouldn't hold it against you. It was me driving not you. It's okay, I mean hey I get to have a bunch of people sign my casts I mean how cool is that?"

We both started giggling and for a moment it almost felt like we weren't in the hospital.

Before I knew it, the doctor came in and told me I had to leave because visitors weren't allowed anymore.

I gave Allison a hug and told her I loved her and walked back to the waiting room. Shawn, Cam and Matt were eagerly waiting for me to come back.

"How is she!?!?" they all chimed.

"She's actually really good. I think we should all go home now."

We all headed back to Matt's car and went back to his house. I said thank you to Matt, Shawn and Cam. I was getting into my car when Cam stopped me.

"Kayla, promise me something?"

"Okay."

"Please don't hurt yourself. You're too beautiful for that. I love you."

He leaned in and kissed me.

"I promise."

Maybe I can actually stick to that this time.

I should be updating a lot more this week because snow storm holla. But ya if you like it vote, if you don't like it vote. But please comment how you feel I'm serious I don't care what I just want to hear feedback! Love you guys and thank you so much for almost 300 reads!