Chapter 13

Kayla POV

I was stuck at a crossroads between the two boys I can't imagine my life without. But there's only one thing I know to do; spend more time with them individually to see who I can see myself with.

I texted Shawn asking if he wanted to do something later and he responded saying he'd pick me up at 6 and to wear a dress.

I smiled thinking of what we could be doing. I went into my closet trying to pick something out, that's when I remembered I was never good at picking out outfits, Allison was always my helper. I narrowed down a few dresses and sent the pictures to Alli. She told me to choose the coral colored dress that came a few inches above the knee, with a synched waist. I ended up curling my hair and waterfall braiding it. I put on a little more makeup than normal, but just enough to accent my features.

Just as I was finishing getting ready, Shawn rang the doorbell. I put on my shoes as I rushed to the door. As I was opening the door, I was also fixing the strap on my shoe. I looked up and Shawn was admiring me. I giggled and asked "whatt"

"You look absolutely beautiful Kayla."

I hugged him tightly and he kissed my forehead. We locked fingers and walked to his car.

"So where are we going?" I interrogated.

"It's a secret Kayla you should know this." he smiled back at me.

His smile lit up my world. We arrived at a strange building, confused I looked at him. He grabbed my arm and led me inside. When I walked in I saw a bunch of cameras, backdrops and people everywhere.

"I wanted us to do a photo shoot, because you're beautiful and it'll be fun."

I was actually really flattered by his gesture, no one has ever tried to take pictures with me or anything.

I blushed and hugged him tightly. He was so sweet to me an I didn't deserve it.

We stayed in our outfits and went to where Angela, the photographer, told us to go. We took silly pictures at first, then some smiling pictures, and then Angela wanted us to do couple like pictures. We held hands for one, and then we went in for a kissing picture. He placed his hands on my waist and I put my hands his chest. Our lips slowly connected and I felt chills go down my body. Angela started coughing, signaling us to stop kissing. Shawn and I started laughing, not realizing we never broke our kiss.

After an hour or two of taking pictures we got back into his car and he wouldn't tell me where we were going, again. We arrived atop a hill and he grabbed my hand to lead me to a blanket he had set out. He had pasta and bread with wine set out for our dinner. Even though we were underage, what's the fun in following the rules right?

We ate dinner and after we had a couple glasses of wine we started getting giggly. We laid down in the back of his truck as the sun was setting, leaving the view over California skyline.

He wrapped his arm around my body and we got comfortable laying on each other.

"Kayla" Shawn whispered into my ear.

"Shawn"

"I love you."

I smiled, not wanting to say anything back. I cared about him but I wasn't in love with him just yet.

He kissed my cheek, and I moved in closer to him, lightly pressing my lips against his. He pressed his body against mine and kissed me harder. He moved me to where I was sitting on him and he grabbed my hips as our bodies moved in sync just as our lips did. Our mouths explored each others just like his hands exploring my body. He moved his hands up my shirt, unhooking my bra. He started kissing my neck, making me let out a moan. He thrusted against me, making me grab his hair. I started to move my hands down to his pants, unhooking his buckle.

"Kayla..." he grunted. "As much as I want to do this, I don't think we should right now.

I was shocked he stopped me, but I didn't mind it. It made me respect him for not wanting to take advantage of me. I got off of him and laid beside him but laying my head on his chest so I was facing him.

"Kayla, tell me something."

"Anything."

"How did it feel when you found out about Matt cheating on you?"

"Honestly, it made me feel like complete shit. He made me feel like I wasn't worth anything, like I was unworthy. I feel like it's all my fault, like I did something wrong. I wouldn't wish that feeling upon anyone."

He stared at me intently, then said "kayla, I would never cheat on you or hurt you, ever. I don't care what happens between us, I would never ever hurt you and I will be here for you always."

I kissed him and smiled, he was so sweet to me. We sat in silence and my mind couldn't help but to drift to Cam. We got back into his car an he drove me home. He walked me to my door and he hugged me tightly. We looked into each other's eyes, and kissed. I went back inside, finally realizing my decision.

Thanks for 900 reads! (:

I have a new Cam fanfiction out called "Bad Boy" go check it out! Thank you all so much and I love hearing what you have to say so comment anything! Vote if you like it! (: