Chapter Five

A/N - Bit of a longer chapter, but the "main" kind of story begins here. Hope you enjoy!!

___________________

I made my way to the middle of town, where the coffee shop was. I was surprised to see that hardly anyone was walking the streets. Usually on Saturday's, the whole town was packed. I shrugged this off and continued walking. The sun was bright and the breeze was quite calming. I felt at ease. However, I was a bit thrown off by my appearance. I pulled out my regular pair of glasses from a small bag I brought, put the sunglasses in the bag, and put on my glasses.

Ah, much better, I thought, smiling to myself.

When I reached the coffee shop, I took a deep breath, opening the door and hearing a small bell chime. Sitting in the back of the room was Link, staring down at his phone. I guess he didn't even notice me walking in.

Nothing different there, huh.

To not come off as suspicious, I walked up to the counter and ordered a cappuccino. Without warning him, I sat right in front of Link. His head bounced up, completely unaware that I had been in the shop for a few minutes now. "Thank goodness you're finally here."

I sighed. "So, what's the big issue?" I took a sip of my coffee. "I was in the middle of taking a nap, I'll have you know."

Link chuckled. "I'm sorry for interrupting your nap."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

Link leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about... Something that might come off as strange at first."

We sat in silence for a moment, and I shook my head. "Okay, so what is it?"

Link frowned. "Have you had any weird dreams in the past day?"

I leaned forward. "Weird dream...?" I turned my head and looked at the floor. "Now that you mention it..."

Link cracked his knuckles, all of his fingers at once.

I cringed, jumping backwards. It seemed like everyone in the shop was now staring at me. My face went red, and I made fists in my lap. I looked down.

Link laughed. "What, you don't like when people crack their fingers?"

I laid my elbow on the table, holding my head in my hand. "I don't even know why, though. I've always hated it, for some odd reason."

Link nodded. "I see."

I shook my head, snapping out of my daze. "Anyway, what about dreams?"

Link sighed. "Well, it's weird, because last night someone was talking to me..."

I gasped, quietly, though. "Me too!"

Link's eyes lit up. "Really?"

I nodded. "She sounded like a woman, and her voice sounded really familiar. However, it was during my nap today, not last night."

Link's head fell to the table. "Man..." he said angrily.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Wait, why do I even care? I thought. This is nuts. I should just leave.

Link lifted his head up off the table. "This is weird. Someone in my dream told me to meet with you, as soon as possible. I heard Agitha was taking you to some random place this morning, so I followed along, and I tried to talk to you. You both left before I could say anything."

"That's..." I closed my eyes for a second, remembering the sound of the woman's voice from my dream. "Someone told you to meet me?"

Link nodded. "I swear she was a woman."