Chapter Six

I was going insane.

What in goddess' name was that shadowy monster? What were those three green, blue and red streaks in the sky? Why did my disgusting ankle become healed all of a sudden? When did I even begin saying goddess?!

I was now at home, and Link had left around thirty minutes ago. He sat inside with me, and we tried to help each other piece together what had just happened. We were going crazy. What happened was crazy.

"So, I don't want to be rude, but..." Link had said to me, "do you have any parents?"

I shook my head. "No, I don't."

Link looked surprised. "I don't either... Do you think that means anything?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I dunno."

We talked for what seemed like forever, then Link realized he had soccer practice, so he had to leave earlier than expected. After he said his goodbyes, promising to come back to check on me even later today, I walked slowly up to my room. I fell down on my bed, and grabbed a pillow, snuggling it. If it was a person, I'd be positive they would have been strangled half to death.

My heart was racing. Growing up, I was told by my aunt and uncle that magic was just a bunch of phooey; that magic wasn't real. Any magical storybook I was told in elementary school was just for entertainment.

Yet... Why did this whole scenario seem magical?

I knew I wouldn't be able to tell any of this to Agitha, even if she was my best friend. To begin with, she would probably believe that I was crazy. 'Magical shadows and light, huh?' She'd mock me. I could already hear her laugh. 'Zel, there's no such thing as magic!' I could imagine her slapping her knee hilariously.

And, maybe she wasn't supposed to know. However, something in my gut told me that she should know. I have no idea what part of me decided that she should know, but I just felt something in me; a burning sort of sensation. Yet, if something were to go wrong within all of this, I would want Agitha to stay out of it. I wouldn't want her getting hurt, or even worse.

I needed to face the facts: Everything that I saw yesterday was real; not a figment of my imagination or insanity. I held my head up high, ready to face this situation with bravery and courage.

Except, I didn't have that.

"Why me?" I yelled aloud. "I'm just the school loser and nothing more! Why am I seeing all of these things?"

I screamed into my pillow, one of the perks of living alone. I felt my face become hot, and my cheeks wet with tears. This was all too much to handle. I had never been important or needed before. I wanted to call Agitha and explain everything to her, and for her to completely understand and give me a hug. I knew that wasn't going to happen, yet I wanted it to. I desperately wanted someone to hug me. I wanted to be welcomed by a warm and loving hug.

Then, my phone buzzed on my bedside dresser.

I picked it up and examined the message I had received.

It was from Link.

'Hey, Zelda, I'm coming over now. Soccer practice was cancelled, and I just experienced something strange.'

I didn't even respond. My fingers just didn't want to move.

Maybe it was because I didn't want to text him back.

I had a sinking feeling that Link and I would have to become closer, if we were going to try and solve this whole hullabaloo. This made my stomach churn. I did not want to become friends with that... Idiotic, popular pretty-boy. Besides, it's not like he'd want to be friends with me.