Chapter Eleven

Zelda's POV

"Link, I'm sorry..." I said to him, and I felt myself lose consciousness. It was strange, though; I seemed to have still been conscious, but I couldn't open my eyes.

"I'll get her back!" I heard Ganon yell. Soon enough, I heard a cackling spark emit from somewhere above Link and I.

Why couldn't I open my eyes?!

My heart thumped faster as I heard the dangerous noise coming closer. Then, I felt warmth; Link must have been moving overtop of me and holding my hands.

I still couldn't open my eyes... What is going on?!

Then, my lips felt fuzzy and tingly, a feeling I had never felt before. I didn't know what it was, so I ignored it. A bright light flashed before us, and instead of pain, I felt secure.

My eyes finally opened, and I leaned forward, holding my hand behind my head. Pain shot up from my back, and I winced, trying not to cry. I looked around the room I was in, which was completely old and dusty. Dirty, dark bricks lined the walls, and bookshelves sat in front of one wall. To my right, reading a book and completely unaware I was awake, was Link.

"Link," I muttered, falling back onto the small bed I was laying on. My hands laid under the right side of my head, and I pulled my knees closer to my body to keep warm. It was awful cold in the room we were inside.

Link looked over at me and smiled. "Oh good, you've finally regained consciousness."

I yawned. "How long has it been, you know, since I passed out?"

"Two hours," Link said, standing up and walking over to a bookshelf, putting it away.

"Two hours?!" I sat back up, pushing my hands against the bed, behind my back, for support. My mouth was agape. "It didn't seem like that long ago."

Link chuckled. "You were asleep, that's why."

I rolled my eyes. "No, I felt... Weird."

Link looked at me strangely. "What do you mean?" He walked back over to the chair he was sitting in before.

"I remember passing out..." I began, recalling the incident, "but, I was still awake."

Link's eyes widened, and he blushed. "S-So, you remember everything that happened?" He laughed nervously. "Everything?"

I shook my head. "Uh, no," I said, and he sighed.

"Thank goodness."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, and he perked up.

"Um, I'll explain some other time," he said, smiling wide.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Anyway, I could feel things. I felt you move overtop of me to protect me from... Whatever that noise was..."

Link nodded. "Yeah, that happened. Ganon shot magic at us, and I tried my best to protect you."

"And then my whole body felt weird..."

"Mhm, go on," Link said.

"And then immediately after, my lips suddenly felt tingly," I recalled, holding a finger to my lips.

Link laughed nervously again. "Oh, that was probably just some electric shock from the magic."

I nodded. "Yeah, maybe."

Link sighed again, looking away.

I looked at him, then around the room. "By the way, where are we?"