Chapter Twenty-Five

My eyes slowly fluttered open. My heart was beating at a steady pace. I breathed slowly and silently. I smiled, looking at his face.

Link laid down right beside me. I guess we must have both fallen asleep after what happened earlier, I thought to myself, admiring his peaceful face. I tried hard not to squeal; Link looked so adorable as he slept!

I realized that one of his hands were under my neck. We were pretty close to each other, too. I laughed ever so quietly, blushing just a bit. I remembered getting tired after crying for so long, that I must have fallen asleep beside him.

Link's eyes opened slowly, and he smiled. "Good morning, princess."

I stuck out my tongue. "Good morning, hero."

Link chuckled softly. He moved his hand from underneath my neck, then closed his eyes. He stretched out his arms, then sat up. He propped his body up with his elbow, looking down at me. I held my hands under my head, yawning.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" I asked.

Link looked to the left, then he laughed. "You mean tonight?"

I sat up. "Oh, by the goddesses, you have got to be kidding me..."

Out of the window above the bed, the dark night sky was filled with thousands upon thousands of sparkly stars.

"We slept through the day," Link sighed, "and now we're up at night. This is just-"

"Fantastic," I said sarcastically, interrupting Link.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," he laughed. He fell back down on the bed, laying on his stomach. He laid his arms under his head. He groaned. "This isn't good for my sleeping schedule."

I nodded. "Same goes for me." I paused, looking around the house we were in. It was very open. "By the way, who's house are we in?"

"Mine," Link said bluntly.

"Ha," I laughed once. "For a second there, I thought you said this house was-"

I stopped, looking at Link, who turned around to look at me.

"How is this your house?!" I demanded, shaking Link's shoulders. I gasped. "Did Ilia give it to you? Oh, I swear-"

Link laughed loudly. "Oh, are you jealous of Ilia? Princes Zelda of Hyrule, envious of another...?"

I punched Link's back. "I am not envious of her!" I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, did she give this place to you?"

Link didn't answer.

I slowly leaned in towards him. "Did she...?"

Link shook his head. "It was mine..." he said quietly. "The me of the past..."

I grinned. "That's amazing..."

Link nodded. "I know, right?" Link smiled, looking around the house. "The guy had pretty great tastes in décor, too."

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess so."

Link sat up, stepping off of the bed and onto the floor. "How are you feeling?" He asked me, pulling off the blanket that was still lying on top of my body.

I looked down at my leg, the corners of my lips turning to a frown. I reached my hand out to my calf, barely grazing the top of the bandages. I slowly unfolded them, taking my time. Link watched as I held the full bandage in my hands. I squinted my eyes, slowly turning my leg over.

My whole calf was red, blue, black and purple; a disgusting mix of colors. I winced, turning my leg even more. A large hole went through the middle of my calf. The skin was still raw and a bit damp from the blood that had spilled out uncontrollably form before. It was hard to control my breathing. My thoughts were swirling throughout my mind.