Chapter Twenty-Two

"...She should regain her strength any moment now. You were wise to bring her here."

My ears were ringing, and my head was spinning. I barely had any energy to open my eyes. I squinted them, trying to see where I was.

"Zelda? Oh, thank the goddesses!"

I felt someone's arm under my neck, and their hand resting on my shoulder. They gently lifted me off of the ground. I held my right arm over my eyes.

"Who...?" I mumbled, my throat dry. I coughed a few times.

"You better give her this now," a voice spoke. Someone's hands were holding mine, and they placed a cold, glass bottle in my hands. "Drink up."

I slowly pressed my lips to the cold glass, sending a shiver up my spine. I began to drink the liquid. Whatever it was immediately boosted my energy, and my eyes had fully open now.

A tall woman floated off of the ground before me. Her hair was bright pink, and severed into three ponytails. Vines encased her body, yet not all of it. Her presence made me a bit uncomfortable. The vines on her body did not cover much. She had long, claw-like nails, that were painted pink. In addition, she wore pink eyeshadow, and as well as her fingernails, her toenails were pink as well. She had piercing purple eyes.

Just like mine.

She cackled. "Ah, the poor dearie! She has finally opened her eyes!"

"Who... Are you?" I coughed once more, finishing the drink.

"She goes by the name of the Great Fairy," I heard Link's voice from behind me, who was presumably holding me up.

I nodded gently, a warm smile spreading across my face. "Did you... Heal my leg?"

The Great Fairy held her hands on her hips, a courageous expression plastered on her face. "Of course I did, my sweet! I healed your nasty leg wound, and even replenished your magic and energy!"

I gasped. "You..."

Link stood up, pulling me up with him. "Yup! She gave us more magical strengths, meaning we can stay in the past a bit longer."

I squinted my eyes, just as I had done before when I regained consciousness. "And you trust her?"

The Great Fairy erupted with laughter, flying backwards. "Sugar, I supply Hyrule with its magic! Especially magic for that of the royal family, which you are apart of."

I looked at Link, then back at the Great Fairy. "I cannot thank you enough for your help."

The Great Fairy held out her arms. "Oh, darling, it's no trouble at all! This is what I am here for!"

I smiled. "We are eternally grateful for your help. Thank you."

The Great Fairy gestured to the exit of the small enclosure we were in. "Now you two loves better get going, lest you let Hyrule fall into despair."

I shook my head. "That won't happen."

The Great Fairy closed her eyes. "I trust that you two are strong enough."

Link took my hand. "Let's go!"

I laughed. "Okay, Link, slow down!"

We both began running to the exit, when the Great Fairy gasped.

I slowly turned back towards her. "Is something the matter?"

She shuddered. "Did you just say... Link?"

I blinked a few times before nodding my head. "Y-Yes, I did. Why?"

The Great Fairy backed away, still in midair. "Oh, no."