Chapter Twenty-Six

I made up my mind.

"Go find your weapon right now, or I swear I'll never speak to you again!" I threatened, pointing my finger in Link's face.

Link held up his hands. "Really? Never?"

"Hmph," I grunted, turning my head and folding my arms.

"Are you serious?" Link tried to get my attention by moving to the space where I was looking.

"Hmph," I grunted once again, spinning in the opposite direction.

"Alright..." Link sighed. "I'll go find my weapon."

I turned back towards Link. "Yay! Have fun, Hero!" I smiled, slapping him on the back.

Link shrugged his shoulders. "But what about you? I need you with me."

"Pfft," I rolled my eyes, waving my hand. "I'll only be in the way."

Link looked serious. "Zel, I really need you with me. You're really good at solving problems."

I smiled sweetly. "Well, alright. Trust me, I want to come along with you." I looked down at my leg. "If it weren't for my stupid actions, we could be able to-"

Link grabbed my shoulders, shaking me. "For the last time, Zelda, what you did was brave. Don't blame yourself for what happened, okay?"

I nodded. "Fine."

Then, it hit me.

I slapped my forehead. "Idiot!" I yelled, grunting.

Link tried speaking to me, but I couldn't hear him.

I was too busy moaning.

"I'm so dumb!"

Link grabbed my wrists. "What?!"

I limped over to a small chair in the back corner of the house. I sat down. "Hold up my leg," I ordered Link.

"Huh?"

"Just hold up my injured leg!"

Link nodded. "Okay, okay!" He ran up to my leg, lifting it into the air.

I winced, my face turning red. "Too high, too high!"

"Sorry!" Link apologized, lowering my leg.

I breathed in. "Okay. I can do this."

I held out my hands, closing my eyes shut. I clenched my teeth, feeling my hands become warm.

I knew this was going to hurt.

I quickly gripped my injured leg, squeezing my wound. I gagged, the pain soaring throughout my body. I could barely see; the room was filled with light.

"Zelda!" Link called to me, unable to witness what was happening. "Are you okay?! What's going on?!"

I grunted, and then the light disappeared. I slowly let go of my leg. Link stared at me.

"What did you just do, exactly?" He cocked his head to the side, placing my leg back on the floor.

"Give me your hand," I demanded, standing up quickly, holding my right leg out in front of me.

Link nodded, holding out his hands. I took them reluctantly. I whimpered, slowly placing my foot onto the floor.

I beamed.

There was no pain.

"It worked!" I cheered, jumping up and down.

Link smiled. "I didn't know you could heal yourself."

I shrugged my shoulders, walking back over to Link's side. "I didn't, either. But, now, I can go search for your weapon with you!"

Link flashed a toothy grin. "Thank the goddesses. I would have been terrified to have gone without you."

I squinted my eyes. "Terrified?"

Link nodded his head slowly. "You always know how to get out of sticky situations," he laughed. "I guess it also helps that you have the Triforce of Wisdom."

I folded my arms, smiling proudly. "Of course. I'm so smart, that you just had to have me accompany you, right?"

Link punched my shoulder. "Sure, nerd."

I laughed.

Link began to walk outside, when my feet planted themselves on the ground. I didn't move.

"Zelda?" Link turned around, staring at me.

I touched my face, moving my hands around my cheeks and my forehead. "I can see."

Link shook his head. He chuckled. "Of course you can see, who can't-"

He stopped himself when he realized what I meant.

Link quickly moved over to my side. He came inches from my body, taking my head in his hands. He lifted my head up so I was looking right at him.

"You're not wearing contacts, are you?" He asked me, inspecting my eyes.

"Nope," I replied, staring at the ceiling.

"Then..." Link's quizzical expression worried me. "This doesn't make sense... How are your eyes suddenly able to function without your glasses?"

I ran my fingers through my hair as Link let go of my head. "Where even are they, anyway?!"

Link smiled. "I don't know. Maybe you got back your vision from the past you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You mean, the Princess Zelda that lived thousands of years ago, had fantastic eyesight, so I was given her the sight of the gods?"

Link rolled his eyes. "That's sort of what I meant."

I skipped forward, holding my arms out at my sides. I threw the front door open, running out onto the porch.

"Zelda, wait-!" Link called after me, running out of the front door.

He looked down at me, sprawled out on the ground. I completely forgot that Link's old house was partly on a tree. Link snickered, trying to hold in his laughter. "Please tell me you're okay."

I coughed. "I'm fine."

_____________________

Okay omg alright I realize this is a super short chapter but I really wanted to upload, plus there's also the fact that Zelda has finally healed, and I wanted to save the main story for the next chapter. That's (probably) when the two find Link's weapon *cough* the Master Sword *cough*

Oh, and by the way, I published a new fanfic called The New Hero in Town, long story short it's a ZeLink AU where Zelda is the Hero and Link is the prince. I accidentally published it, and I think only two people read it? Anyway, I will be publishing that eventually, so stay tuned! (I just want to finish this story before I start a new one, so I don't struggle to keep up with uploading two chapters in total each day *cough* each day? more like once a week haha

Okay that was a long author's note buuuuuuuut ily all thank you so much for your sweet comments, they really make me smile, no matter what the comment is 😌💕