Chapter Ten

Link's POV

_________

She closed the door behind her, and I walked back into the family room. I sighed, sitting down on the couch, holding my hands. I smiled, hoping Zelda would have fun with Agitha.

However, my smile quickly faded.

I had lied to her.

It's not the fact that I lied - I really didn't, I told her who I thought killed her father back four thousand years ago. But, there was a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, saying that it wasn't Ganon's previous incarnation, but someone else. Maybe his father, perhaps, or someone related to him. But he couldn't have been old enough to take over Hyrule.

Could he?

I shook my head, holding my head in my hands. I cursed myself, scolding my idiotic conclusions.

I made her cry.

Was it me, or was it the fact that her father was killed?

I shook my head, trying to contain myself. No, it was me.

"Zelda..." I whispered, standing up. I put my foot down. I had to find out who killed her father in our previous life, and even her father in this time period. I made up my mind; I was going to help her, even if my life depended on it.

Suddenly, my left arm began tingling. I held it up, looking at the top of my hand.

Three golden triangles were shining on it.

I gasped, running to the door, praying that Zelda was still nearby. It flew open, and I ran outside, forgetting my shoes that I had left in her room earlier.

"Zelda!" I called, looking up and down the street.

I saw her running from the right, trying to run in her heeled boots. She was panting, holding up her right hand.

Three golden triangles were glowing on her hand as well.

"Link!" She yelled, running up beside me. She took my left hand in her right one, and outstretched my fingers with hers. "What is this?!"

I shook my head, pulling our hands down and examining them. "I don't know," I answered bluntly. "I'm not feeling any pain. Are you?"

Zelda shook her head. "No, I'm not. What about you?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. "No, I didn't." I stared at the golden triangles. "I just felt really warm."

Zelda nodded. "So did I."

I stared at her for a little while, and I noticed her eyes began to well up with tears.

Without thinking I grabbed her hand, pulling her inside her house.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, trying not to hurt her.

Zelda smiled, trying to play it off as strong. "I can't."

I frowned. "Can't what?"

She shook her head. "I can't do this, Link."

I chuckled nervously. "What do you mean?"