Chapter Twelve

"We're in Hyrule... Aren't we?" Link asked, admiring the giant castle.

Midna nodded. "We are. However, this is just like a hologram; we can't interact with anyone in this time period."

Link smiled, and he began walking towards the castle.

I, however, backed away. I had a terrible feeling in me. My dress suddenly disappeared from my body, changing my clothes back to my shirt and skirt. My hair fell down at my sides, and I wasn't able to see. I frantically searched my pockets, and was glad to have found a pair of glasses. I slipped them on and watched as Link moved closer to the Castle.

"Midna," I began, "can we go home?"

Link turned around and stared at me, and Midna did the same. "What do you mean?" She asked. "You don't want to stay and see everything?"

I shook my head. "I really don't."

Link laughed. "Zelda, this is amazing. Why don't you want to-"

"Just let me go home."

Link's smile faded, and he looked at Midna. "Alright, Midna. Could you possibly take us home?"

Midna shook her head sadly. "I cannot. You must witness, first hand, Hyrule Castle, it's glories, and everything..." she paused for a moment, staring at the castle. "...everything else."

I began backing up farther. "I can't stay here," I spoke my mind. I had a horrible feeling. "I'm leaving."

Midna held out her hand. "Before-" she stopped herself, looking at the ground, then lifting her head back up to face me. "Listen, Zelda. Won't you want to investigate Hyrule Castle Town? Maybe you'll recognize someone." She smiled. "Anyone. From your time period, or this one."

I stopped backing up, and looked at Midna. "I feel like... I can get us there."

Midna beamed. "Really?!" She ran over to me and took my hands. "Try it! Maybe you can use your magic to get us into Hyrule Castle Town!"

I flashed a nervous smile. "I-I don't know if I can, though."

Midna winked. "You won't know unless you try!"

Link ran beside us. "Yeah, Zel. I believe in you."

I smiled bravely, and nodded. "Give me your hands. You two- hold onto each other's hand as well."

Midna and Link nodded, holding hands. They both reached for my right and left hand. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. I sighed, feeling a surplus of energy grown within my body.

I took a deep breath, my stomach churning as I strangely remembered an incantation. "Nayru, Goddess of Wisdom, direct us into Hyrule Castle Town!"

I saw a flash of blue emit from the area. My whole body felt light as a feather, as I felt my feet lift from the ground. I clenched my eyes shut as best as I could. I couldn't let go of Link or Midna's hand, so I was unable to shield my eyes from the light. I looked down, praying that everything was working as it should be.

When my feet finally touched the ground again, I opened my eyes.

We were surrounded by bustling people.

A wide grin spread across my face. I spun around, looking at every nook and cranny in the small town. I quickly ran around with Link and Midna chasing after me. Just as Midna had said, we were practically invisible to all the townsfolk. No one was able to see us.

I watched a little boy ran over to his mother, laughing with a loaf of bread in his arms. The mother smiled, wrapping her arms around her son, patting him on the back.