twenty-six

I haven't touched this in a while, mostly because I feel so unmotivated and all of the plans that I originally had for this fic seem to have lost interest to me or I don't feel like people will appreciate.

I think another big reason is that I've lost interest on WRITING One Direction based fanfics, and maybe because I just can't deal with this entire fandom anyone, especially at the moment. But I'll work my hardest to try and update this.

Anyway, here's an update.

twenty-six

"What do you mean he's gone?"Niall fumes, talking through a clenched jaw as he stands up from where he was previously sitting on one of the kitchen bar stools, sorting through files and in ordering that what was brought over by his men were all here. The movers and what men he hired to come check the house out incase of faults were all starting to filter out now, with only few remaining to place boxes into certain rooms.

The house is much smaller than the one that Niall and Louis currently lived in in England, but it's still a grand size in comparison to what other houses there are in the area. It's big enough for both Niall and Louis - and Harry as well it seems - with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, an office located on the main floor and a large living room and kitchen. It's an older house, one that's been in Nialls family for quite some time now and in need for a few bits of patch up within some of the rooms, but it'll do just fine.

"He ran off."Harry says casually, running a large hand through his longing curls. He had wanted so desperately to reach out and bring the little into a hug whenever he has seen the distress and sadness washed onto his face but he knew his touch would've have been wanted, and he had been too late to stop him from running off."I told him."

"You told him?"Niall sounds angry because of course he is! It was enough for Niall to be springing on moving to a different country onto Louis and then proceeding to go through with the plan, but to bring up that Harry - someone that Louis seems to dislike - is staying with them was a completely different shit show. He was going to at least wait a couple of days.

"Well somebody had to!"

"I was going to!"Niall slams his hand on the counter in anger, looking over at Harry angrily."It was my responsibility to tell Louis that information, not yours."

"He had the right to know, this is his house after all."Harry sits up straighter, keeping his face blank from emotion as he speaks to Niall because he has his own feelings for this discussion as well as Niall does."After all, I thought he was aware that I was staying here in order to keep him safe. You had told me that he already knew."

"I hadn't the time."

"Bullshit."Harry snaps,"If you didn't tell Louis that I was staying in Ireland, you obviously haven't told him anything else that you should've."

"This is a discussion for another time."Niall barks, running a hand through his fading blonde hair. He's decided to go have to his natural colour, he feels that it suits him better and makes him look more mature."What direction did he go?"

"Down the garden."Harry directs,"He can't escape, I'd already checked down there where he could get to but there is no place. The whole perimeter is secured."He reassures just as Niall is dashing out of the kitchen through the sliding glass doors.

Niall pulls his jacket around his tighter as he exits into the bitter coldness outside. He's been gone from Ireland for so long that he's forgotten just how cold it can get, even during the spring and summer months. He follows the make shift cobble path way up the garden, a small smile on his face whenever he recognises the size of some of the footprints left on the grass surrounding the path, obviously Louis'.