18

August

After Lin left I needed to get my mind off things. I get why she doesn't wanna get married, but then again I don't. Is it that I'm not the nigga she wants to spend the rest of her life with?

I know she loves me, but I just don't know if she loves us together.

I stood up from the chair and put my phone in pocket and dipped. I ain't even say "bye" to nobody. I have to much to deal with to talk. I heard my bro's sayin' "what's wrong with him?" I just tuned them out and continued walkin'.

I think I'ma just head home, because if I go somewhere else I don't know what could happen and I ain't finna cheat knowin' what I got at home is better than any thot.

When I pulled up at the house, I see the kitchen light on. My baybeh is cookin'?

I stepped outta the car and walked into the house. The smell of collard greens, mac and cheese, fried chicken, rice and gravy, and sweet tea. It's gon be hard for me to stay mad.

"Hey," she said. She ain't even look at me, she just continued to stir the greens.

I said hey back and went into the bedroom. I know she ain't in the mood to argue and I ain't either. I just wanna settle this like adults. Hell, we are adults. The thing is, we're both stubborn as hell.

"Food is ready!" She yelled from the kitchen.

I got up and walked into the kitchen to see my plate already on the table along with a glass of tea. Lindsey hasn't even made eye contact ever since I got home. I really need her to talk to me.

"Baybeh.."

"I don't wanna talk about this yet. Let's talk AFTER we eat."

I nodded my head in agreement and then started chowin' down on this bomb ass food.

After we were finished Li put the dishes in the sink and sat back down at the table with me.

"Okay August. The reason why I don't wanna get married right away is because we have too much going on. We just had Kevin and you're going on tour soon and you know how it is when you're on tour. The last time you were on tour and we were together, you cheated. I'm scared that will happen again."

After she said that I nodded my head in agreement. I understand where she's comin' from surprisingly. I don't wanna hurt her no more.

"Baybeh girl, come here"

She stood up from the chair and sat in my lap. I rested my hands on her thigh and she laid her head in the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry I didn't let you explain. I shouldn't have just gotten mad at you like that. I understand your point of view. If you wanna wait, then let's wait. As long as me and you rockin' for each other that's all that matters." I kissed her cheek

She nodded her head and got up. She put on her shoes and grabbed her keys.

"Where you finna go?" I asked standin' up.

"I'm about to pick up Kevin from mama's house."

"Ight." I pecked her lips about 4 times and she left out the garage door.

Lindsey

I don't REALLY think August understands where I'm coming from, but it's whatever. As long as we love one another...

The red light I was at turned green and I proceeded to drive. I was close to crossing the intersection, but I was crashed into on my side of the car. I hit the steering wheel hella hard, and I blacked out.