Prologue: Let's begin!

The land of Heroica: a world blessed by angels, is now veiled in darkness. The wind stops, the sea is wild, and the Earth begins to rot. The ancient catastrophe, a plague known as the Anima, is rising.

The Pokémon wait, their only hope, a prophecy...

When the world is in darkness, six warriors will come...

After a long journey, the six warriors will shine in the darkness, each holding an amulet.

The warriors must pass their trials of life in order to shine amongst the darkness.

Upon completion of their roles, each of the warriors will gain the right to shine in the darkness, which will open the way to Heaven. Using the sword, they will return light to the world once more.

...

That is the legend that acts as our goal. To make that legend a reality, it is important to obey your Highers' commands on the spot. All research findings or discoveries are to be handed in immediately. Any who disobey orders or ground rules will be punished without trial; punishment and deduction of pay effective immediately.

This is for the good of the world, Pokémon. To resurrect the legend of the Shining Warrior, we need determination, passion, and utmost care for the world. To save our planet, we must strive beyond the achievements of the past. We will learn the secret to the bestia, and give Pokémon a future!

A Kangaskhan sighed heavily as she shook her head and covered her face, closing the large book she was reading. No one seemed to be nearby to ask anything, so she was free to act out the woes the book gave her. Staring at its aged cover and rusted coil binder seemed to empty her mind of motivation, resulting in her staring at it. The book couldn't do anything about the emotions raining down the Kangaskhan's face, it could only generate more.

"Heroica Revival Project Guide: Project Zero," she whispered to herself, slowing scanning the cover. The words could barely even be made out, but she knew what it said. Giving up on whatever grief the book gave her, she sighed again as she slipped the book into her pouch, having the baby Kangaskhan stuff it away for her quickly.

Its curiousness was obvious, but it didn't have time to try anything as its mother was on the move. It was more than used to her tired strides and decisive sense of direction, which led them to cycle their large home several times. The current room was the mother and child's private quarters, the only place in the house where they could get the quiet they had currently. Once they left, they were greeted by the reality of the Kangaskhan's life: a huge room overflowing with children.

...

"Suzie!" I called as soon as I saw her step into the room. The Kangaskhan's face was a little dramatic until she spotted me waddle over to her, where she smiled and gave me a motherly pose.

"Okay, Crystal... I thought I told you to be in charge while I was busy?" she asked expectantly.

"I was! I just-" I argued, silencing myself at what I had let happen. My fellow nursery Pokémon were scattered all over the place amongst piles of toys, some of them still crawling about and playing. The room was suitably spacious, comfortably constructed of the smoothest wood possible. That didn't mean that it couldn't be cramped and messy it seemed, and having thirty baby Pokémon all active at once proved that. In fact, it was easy to make the place messy.

"Alright you guys, time to clean up! White, Ruby, you get the blocks. Sapphire, Green, Diamond, since you're over there, you can clean up the litter from the stuff you've been eating," Kangaskhan announced, giving orders to all of the children. Within seconds, the whole place had been turned into a hall of moaning kids slowly getting through the chore of clearing away.