Episode 8: The Wind Wolf

After our conversation about the shining warriors, the five of us went straight back to our dorms, from the looks of things. Night had fallen, and so activity on the academy grounds was scarce and quiet, mostly made up of knights performing security patrols, or other groups of friends having a friendly night out somewhere near the mess hall. For me and Shelly, we went straight to our beds.

Once I was there however, I couldn't bring myself to feel tired at all. Me and Shelly actually didn't talk to each other, we just threw ourselves to bed as soon as we were ready. Yet I just lay there, watching the ceiling as hours went by in silence. I eventually rolled over to look down the bunk bed and see if Shelly was asleep or not, seeing the green light that told me that I could sneak out without being bothered by him. I took my scarf and bag with me, leaving the door slightly open.

"Can't decide, huh?" Angel said once I was a good few metres from the dorm square. I didn't answer her, continuing to walk aimlessly around the academy grounds. Right now, absolutely no one was around at all except a few knights. I made sure to stay out of their sight, or at least, what I could tell of their eyesight. It was impossible to tell; their helmets covered their faces past their mouths.

"It's not you... It's... it's complicated..." I sighed after a while. I stopped somewhere in clear space, having a pretty view of a cluster of stars in the sky.

"Hey you're obligated to do it, but that doesn't mean you have to like it," Angel reasoned. I went half lidded. "Look I'm just saying I can't get behind your thoughts, okay? I mean, every Pokémon in the world needs bestia energy, and you're one of the only Pokémon that can restore it. If they knew you were holding back, they'd be really upset."

"Yeah, why did you stop us from telling Panzer that we were the shining warriors, anyway? You never did say why," I asked.

"No special reason. I just hate gloaters," she admitted. I nearly fell over this time.

"Are you serious?" I groaned.

"Of course I am. I have to put up with the warriors and everything they do. And I mean everything, from habits like you getting up at night, to any warriors that might decide to become evil," she explained, posing enthusiastically. "Still, I think the worst of it is when a warrior or two decides to breed. It's so awkward, being woken up just because-"

"You're talking too much," I groaned again, looking away with a wing on my hip. She froze.

"... Oh right, whoops, sorry!" she giggled. "I think Shelly's coming, by the way. Why don't you tell him what's up, if you can't tell me?"

"I already assume you can hear and see everything we do, maybe even read my thoughts..." I sighed.

"Everything but the thoughts. Oh man, the secrets I'd find if I could read you guy's thoughts," Angel teased, snickering evilly.

"Crystal... I saw the door left open and..." Shelly fretted, silencing when I faced him. He went straight back to his shy poses, making me realise that I must have looked intimidating to him... somehow.

"You gonna walk with me?" I asked, leading the way anyway.

"O-oh... where to?" he wondered. I took notice of the fact that he had brought his bag with him too, for some reason. "... I do know a good spot for nights like this, actually..."

"Go ahead," I nodded, letting him lead the way. I kept staring at his basic bag and wondered what was inside of it, besides the obvious stuff that he must have had like provisions. "Shelly, you said yes to Angel earlier... why do you want to go on this journey? You said you didn't know what you were doing here."