Episode 38: The delusional shining warrior PART 1

Fortunately for me, a suitable level of quiet fell as I proceeded down the last of the stairs to reach our destination. I could hear my friends following me with just as high a level of concentration as I felt necessary, huffing from bother when our adversaries became visible in the arena that Panzer called the Response Stage. Darrack and Feather were waiting for us patiently; Darrack grinding his teeth together as he tapped his foot impatiently, whilst Feather nervously played with his fur and looked like he was trying not to throw up.

"Sorry... you guys, I'm getting a bit of a hunch again, suddenly," Lucca mumbled, stopping us. "Azu, take Elise and Kusha back up to the academy."

"Wait what, why?" she complained.

"You have the wonder stones to contact us with. See if you can find out about this Hidenosuke Pokémon, and what this Response Stage thing is," he suggested. "If we all go on the stage and try to fight, there may be casualties we can't afford."

"Are you trying to say that I'll get in the way?" Kusha smiled.

"No, you definitely wouldn't get in the way. But if we get into trouble..." he corrected.

"... We'll be your backup. Fine, guess I'll do what I do best, then," Azu sighed. There was a pause.

"Thanks, Azu. Seriously, it means a lot," he praised, bowing to her.

"Alright alright, I get it. You better make sure you get out of this without anyone getting hurt then," Azu cried, rubbing her face to try and hide a blush. "Come with me, girls. There's something that's been bothering me, anyway."

"Be careful..." Shelly called out, tripping after Elise for a moment. He confused her by handing her the book he had shown to Megan, but didn't say anything more.

"You as well, please. We may not be together anymore, but that's no reason for me not to worry... I'll be praying for you," she replied, accepting the book with a confused expression. They stared at each other for an awkward amount of time, having that moment broken only when Elise nervously began to step backwards. She reluctantly ran away after that, casually followed by Azu and her retainer.

"Right then, let's get this over with. Crystal, there's no reason to hesitate anymore," Lucca stated once the girls were out of sight, confusing me. "You said you know exactly what's going on. Anything to tell us while you still can?"

I gave that a small round of thought, and then flicked my scarf off my sword. It warped around my neck as normal. "No. I'm sorry."

"Crystal..." Megan moaned. I ignored her and carried on the rest of the way, finally confronting the two waiting Bestia Trio members. They acknowledged our arrival but didn't say anything for a while, looking as if they were psyching themselves up for a great task.

"... You know, when I first confronted you kids, I never thought I'd gotten myself tied up in somethin' this problematic. You being the shining warriors is one thing, but part of Panzer's Project Zero, too? Let me tell ya, I can really feel the weight on my back," Darrack finally began, shaking himself off. "And then I learn that ya managed shake up even Feather? The big boy's trembling in his boots!"

"Uh... I'm not wearing boots, Darrack..." Feather mumbled.

"Why would you tell us that? If you're scared or whatever, then don't waste our time! Just let us through to Panzer already!" Megan cried.

"No can do," Darrack replied with a shake of his head. "Down here in the Angel's Graveyard, there is absolutely no bestia at all, no matter what you do. That means the only way to defeat us is pure, good old fashioned savagery. That means we can win."