Episode 48: Decisive battle! Versus the lord of the dead PART 3

"Lucca?" I gasped, glancing at him. He hesitated for a moment, and then began. At long last, he began singing, standing straight up on his tail, with both hands tightly gripping the sword of miracles. He held it perfectly straight up in front of him.

"You, are the ocean's, grey waves," he started, having the sword react to his lyrics. It flashed gold with each word and quickly amplified his voice. I turned around and stood guard over him, having to ready another golden arrow.

"You, are the ocean's, grey waves," he repeated, this time sounding louder and more in tune. FinVarra roared at us again, which set off his watery minions.

I tried to make as little noise as I could as to not distract or drown out Lucca's song, choosing to release several smaller, far weaker arrows at my oncoming enemies instead of the giant laser again. I was speechless at the unreal levels of control and power I held in my hands right now, able to release a literal shower of golden arrows all over the battlefield in mere seconds. All I had to do was point my bow at where I wanted to shoot and strum the bowstring, and several darts of burning light would form across the string to be fired off with each strum. The watery minions were reduced to mere puddles from the fire, but that didn't stop FinVarra from roaring again. The minions kept reforming as well, all thanks to the water particles that ceaselessly came from FinVarra's chest organ.

"YoU wOuLd NoT dArE tO tRuLy UsE pErIsH sOnG!" he barked, unable to stop roaring behind his words – it was as if he was roaring at the same time as speaking, making his words somewhat inaudible despite how slowly he was speaking. "I wIlL dEsTrOy YoU bEfOrE yOu KiLl Us AlL yOu CoNtEmPtIbLe FoOl!"

The ground shook as he came charging, to which I coughed and dismissed the watery minions to take him on midway. Despite how quickly I could shoot forwards as this anima form made of light, I wound up clashing directly with him, pushing my bow directly into the blade of his sword.

"Gah... da-damn it, his strength is still..." I growled, feeling like my wings would break against him. That was before another impact occurred, one that seemed to be in my favour and pushed FinVarra back.

"I may be late, but save your complaints until afterwards! I'm part of the battle now!" Megan growled with me, pushing against the mighty Primarina with a Quick Attack. She suddenly backed off and brought up flames until her mouth was leaking them, exhaling a Flamethrower directly into FinVarra's chest. That managed to make him abandon his clash with me, and he retreated back to his side of the field.

Meanwhile, Lucca's Perish Song began to reach a new level, one that had him surrounded by his own particles of watery light. He began to sway and dance with them slightly, all the while singing the chorus of his song in perfect tone. The lights spiralled around him beautifully, growing and growing until they began to fill the whole area. I couldn't look anywhere without blue particles obscuring my view, but I wouldn't describe it all as anything less than harmonic.

Our fight continued, but Lucca's lyrics saddened me, for some reason. It was almost distracting, but it seemed to be that way for everyone, as even FinVarra's movements began to slow. He still took us on with his reforming army of watery clones, as well as trying to abuse his own brute strength. It wasn't until he came out with his own Aqua Jet that I was put under pressure, and I actually moved out of the way to avoid being slammed into by his massive figure.

"Hey don't even try it, the water's mine!" Brine squealed, coming out of nowhere.

Lucca wound up getting protected by a barrier, but FinVarra crashing into that barrier made Shelly cry out as if he had been hit.

"N-no... I won't lose... either!" Shelly growled, crying out his own war cry as he kept up the magic shield. Brine helped him out by controlling the water that FinVarra was using for his Aqua Jet, reversing his direction with all her strength. Miraculously, Lucca did not stop singing and dancing the entire time, nor change his furious and concentrated expression.