Episode 48: Decisive battle! Versus the lord of the dead PART 1

Guzzlord roared once again, shaking the room with its incredible volume. It didn't seem deafening, but enough wind exhaled from it to push us back slightly, as well as force me to cover my face.

"Isn't it magnificent? The embodiment of black holes in the flesh, a monster that can devour everything!" Alver praised excitedly. "It feeds off everything and leaves nothing behind. Anything I no longer require can be discarded into this thing; it will be nothing more than a meal to it."

"Ha... you know, we're kind of lucky he didn't release this thing alongside the other beasts. If it gets to Heroica, we'll be in a real spot," Lucca warned.

"So we've really got to get rid of it at all costs?" I hissed, stamping my feet down.

"Guzzlord! Feeding time. Dispose of these obnoxious runts once and for all!" Alver finally ordered, pointing with his sceptre. The sceptre flashed with a black spiral again, implying it controlled the giant beast somehow. Surely enough it obeyed, beginning to take small, slow steps towards us.

"Ugh, where do you even start with something like this?" I gasped, aiming an arrow at it. Its mouth was constantly open and seemed like an obvious target at first glance, but now that I was concentrating on it, it looked like its mouth went straight through it, with another mouth leading behind it. "Will an arrow even hurt it?"

"We start the same way we always start. Like this!" Megan shouted, making the first attack. Just as I anticipated, her Flamethrower went straight into Guzzlord's mouth, stopping it in place but not having any visible effect otherwise. It barely made a sound after she stopped the attack, resuming its approach.

"What the... it really ate the attack?" Lucca gasped as well.

"Lucca, sound!" Shelly warned.

"Oh, right!" he snapped, taking centre stage. He repeated his actions for Disarming Voice, breathing in heavily and exhaling a loud moan that came out as a huge, pink soundwave. Guzzlord finally reacted, making an effort to cover its front using its tentacles and short hands. A blue barrier appeared around it as Lucca's attack hit, which although resisted the damage, caused Guzzlord to roar back in annoyance.

"He's got one of those shields..." Mimia growled. Before we could try anything else, Guzzlord stomped its feet into the ground and began to inhale, opening its mouth even wider than before.

"You've got to be kidding me," I growled, quickly feeling the effects of that inhale. A heavy wind almost took me off my feet until I stomped them into the ground myself, but I still found myself getting pulled forward against my will. I started to panic, scraping my feet and wings across the floor in an effort to try and stop myself, only getting as much as slowing myself down.

"Crystal!" Angel shouted, popping out of my scarf just in time. She placed herself in between me and Guzzlord, stopping me for a moment. I was still panicked and thrown onto my backside, given just a small moment before my friends all joined me, rolling into Angel to flatten me against her. "Ugh, c'mon you guys! Hurry up and do something before this thing eats me!"

"Like what?" I growled, barely standing back up. For some reason Angel chose to retreat right there and then, disappearing into the scarf to put me back into trying to avoid getting inhaled. I growled and cried out, stabbing my sword into the floor as hard as I could. It took a couple of heavy prods but it worked somehow, and my weapon began to act as a stool that stopped me from getting blown away. I was surprised that I could even stab my weapon into solid flooring like this, but it was working, so now wasn't the time to question it.

"Good thinking," Megan growled, grabbing onto my side. I could barely keep an eye open thanks to the heavy wind ruffling through me, so I didn't even know it was her until she spoke. She powered through the moment too, trying Flamethrower again even though it didn't work the first time. The same thing happened, with Guzzlord simply eating the attack whole.