part 3

CALEB

"dad i'm a boy." i shouted as my mom sat next to me.

"you're my daughter! you have a vagina, you have boobs!" he shouted at me as he threw something at me.

i dodged it and screamed, "those things don't make me a girl!"

"caleb? caleb you're okay!" i heard a small voice say from beside me. it wasn't my mom nor my sister and it didn't sound like a doctor. micah.

i turned my head and smiled weakly at him. "hi babe, why aren't you at school?" i asked and he shrugged smiling at me as he threw his arms around my neck.

"well, after you passed out, i told the ambulance that i was your boyfriend. of course they didn't believe me but they let me come with anyway." he said smiling at me but soon frowning. "unless you're straight then that would be weird. oh god i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to assume your sexuality it's just you're a guy and then guys like girls so i thought- let me shut up." i laughed quietly as i grabbed micah's hand. he was worried, how adorable.

"don't worry babe, i'm as straight as a rainbow." i said and micah looked relieved. i grabbed his hand and smiled at him, but as soon as the door opened i let go. it was rude of me, but i didn't feel comfortable around doctors. considering the fact most of them didn't understand me, at all.

"ah, catherine i see you're doing well." the doctor said and i cringed. i hated that name it was so ugly. and it definitely wasn't me.

"uh, my name is caleb." i spoke up and the doctor nodded. he looked so freaked out and upset with himself as he marked it down. it felt nice to know someone understood.

"i'm sorry for saying that, i didn't know what to call you." the doctor apologized and i just stuck my hand up and waved it off. "we did have to cut your binder off but we will buy you a new one."

i smiled, "is it possible if you could also buy my boyfriend one? i've been planning to but i just can't save up enough money." the doctor smiled at me. it was a lie, but i did it for micah. if they offered to buy me a new one then they could possibly have a trans support group somewhere in the building. the thought made my heart warm.

"of course, we'll just need to measure his chest!" and at the doctors words micah smiled. his smile was the cutest smile i've ever seen. "but on a real note, everything is fine we just need to get you more sleeping meds, new anxiety medicine, and some more antidepressants."

i groaned quietly and nodded, i hated being on all these pills. they were horrible. i felt like a puppet, like i was being controlled by stupid medication. a test subject even. if it wasn't illegal i bet doctors would test new medicine out on me.

"we've contacted your mother and she'll be here shortly. once she's here you will be able to leave." the doctor said as he smiled at micah. and i. i smiled back at the doctor and looked over at micah.

"alright micah, come with me and we'll measure your chest and then you'll be back with your boyfriend." at the doctors words i could already feel my face heat up. as the doctor and micah left all i did was think about micah. i wanted to help him.

"i'll make sure micah feels like a real boy, because he is. he deserves to feel valid." i whispered to myself. "it's all up to me now, it's my job."
^*^*^*^*
please respect all pronouns n ask for pronouns while talking to new people.

xoxo a