part 18

CALEB
FOUR YEARS LATER.

"micah?" i shouted out, mentally slapping myself for being loud at the ungodly hours of the night. i walked up the stairs slowly, looking around and furrowing my eyebrows when i saw the light on in our art room. i opened the door slowly and smiled at the sight

micah sat on a chair rocking a small child in his arms, the brightest smile on his face and the biggest smile on mine.

"hey, babe." i whispered causing the younger boy to jump slightly and look up. once he noticed it was me his expression softened and he stood up.

"hey, my love." he replied and walked over to me planting a kiss on my cheek as i looked at the sleeping baby in his arms.

"she's so precious." i mutter and micah nods, silently agreeing with me.

it's been a good five years of micah and i dating and a solid year of us being married. i always laughed at the thought of how i proposed to micah when we were 20 and it took my sister forever to propose to lauren. micah and i adopted a baby and she was only three months old which hurt my heart. a newborn baby was put in an adoption center but i'm guessing the parents had a good explanation.

we even got to name her which made us both extremely happy. it took us forever to think of a name and we even asked everyone we knew and they were simply no help at all. so we both decided on juliana and it fit the baby girl very well.

"want to hold her?" he asked me and i nodded taking the small baby from his arms. trust me when we first got the baby we were scared of absolutely everything. i mean we were two males living in a house with no experience whatsoever, not to mention we're both only 24. 

i rocked the baby slightly in my arms and looked over at micah. he's come so far since when i first met him. he started T three years ago and got top surgery when i did which was a hassle. he was also an artist and he was very very good at it while i was the proud owner of a popular restaurant that had his paintings on almost every wall.

"you're good with children." micah said quietly and i smiled widely at him and shrugged slightly, not wanting to wake the small baby.

"you think so?" i asked and he nodded his head, resting his hand on my shoulder, and giving it a small squeeze.

"i know so, babe." he said and i couldn't help but blush at his words. i shook my head and leaned forward giving him a small peck on the lips.

"did you know, her eyes look like yours." i said out of nowhere and micah covered his mouth with his hand to suppress a giggle.

"how?" he asked in shock and i shrugged as i opened our bedroom door, setting juliana down in her crib. i closed the door slowly and turned my attention back to micah.

"they're a soft brownish green, just like yours and they crinkle slightly sometimes like yours do when you laugh." i said and micah blushed, grabbing my hand in his and pulling me into the art room.

"it isn't finished but i'm getting there." micah said as i looked around the room in awe. he wanted to turn this room into the nursery for the baby and i agreed but only if he turned the basement into his art room.

it was beautiful. there was a drawing of a stick figure family in red on one wall with the names "daddy, dad, and me" written on it with arrows. there were flowers in blue and green on the brim of all the walls. there was a little section that was painted with chalkboard paint and it read "we love you, juliana. forever!" with a sloppily drawn heart. it was micah's signature. on another wall there was her name in big blue letters with green, blue, and yellow swirls surrounding it. the room was amazing.